#WelcomeToTheU Kiy Hester

449.gif

LOL What this cats name?

Mario Balotelli.

Advertisement
Gayot just posted this too:

17.jpg:large

Waaaaaiiiiiitttt a cot dang second. We have black cleats and we haven't even used them yet?!?!?! I just about passed out.

Todderick Hunt ‏@TodderickHunt 19m
Kiy Hester, former #Rutgers commit, pledges to #Miami #RFootball #B1G http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...rmer_rutgers_commit_pledges_to_miami_fla.html

Avid Devils Fan ‏@NJDMCP 19m
@TodderickHunt at least not the Big-10 what a shame that he's not coming to RU and play for his home state #jerseypride

Bojangles ‏@kyleigh_cyrus 15m
@TodderickHunt Take "The U" out of the article. That **** hole has not been "The U" for a decade now. 5,000 fans/game pic.twitter.com/ejs50xfT4m

They mad

475.gif

Let's hope this Jersey kid is like or better than the last one we had from those parts....

We had a very solid safety on our 2001 team, James Lewis. We had a very solid LB on our 1989 team, Richard Newbill. Both were Jersey kids. Besides, Howard Clark, a Jersey kid, stepped in as a starter on our 2001 team, as did another Jersey kid, whose name I can't remember, who stepped in as a starter in that 2002 Rose Bowl at OG.

So, at least four NJ kids started on our last two NC teams, at least in the championship game. We've had other studs from NJ, including Danny Stubbs, Gregg Rakoczy (I think a 2nd round pick), and Greg Mark, one of the most inspiring and deadly DLs we ever had at UM. Undersized street fighter who moved inside at DT in '87, and had 16 sacks I think as a DE in '89. JJ once said, if he wanted one guy to take with him into a dark alley, it would Greg Mark.

Don't know who that last guy is that you're talking about. Jersey football is great. Golden and D'Onofrio were both college football studs and they were from Jersey. You might not believe it now, but they were. D'Onofrio was one of the premier LB recruits in the country out of HS. I remember.

EDIT: Ed Wilkins was the OL who was a reserve on the 2001 team. We had a very good starting lineup and he had to sit beside some very good players. My recollection is that he might have played a lot in the 2002 Rose Bowl or even started because of injuries, but I'm not sure. I don't remember who the last NJ player is that you're talking about, but we've had great success over the years with the state.

I recall an article in the 1980's about the best areas for HS football, and Jersey was one of the hotbeds, along with Texas (Houston specifically), south Florida, Chicago, and others. We used to get some very solid talent out of Chicago, incidentally, like Russ Maryland, and a starting OL on the 1983 NC team, Alvin Ward. I love the fact they are recruiting NJ. I'd love to see them break back into Louisiana and Texas, in a big way.

Greg Olsen wasnt to shabby either. I believe Vincenzo was from Jersey as well, Miami historically has done well with Jersey area, and finding quality contributors in the Jersey area.

Great pick up, position of need, and satisfies the star lovers as well....for now at least

Testaverde? He was from Long Island.

Mark Caesar was also an NJ kid.

Fortay was a bust but he was a big time talent in HS in NJ.

Todderick Hunt ‏@TodderickHunt 19m
Kiy Hester, former #Rutgers commit, pledges to #Miami #RFootball #B1G http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...rmer_rutgers_commit_pledges_to_miami_fla.html

Avid Devils Fan ‏@NJDMCP 19m
@TodderickHunt at least not the Big-10 what a shame that he's not coming to RU and play for his home state #jerseypride

Bojangles ‏@kyleigh_cyrus 15m
@TodderickHunt Take "The U" out of the article. That **** hole has not been "The U" for a decade now. 5,000 fans/game pic.twitter.com/ejs50xfT4m

They mad

Wait........................ their Rutgers other then Ray Rice who tf can name a player from that school?

Kenny Britt

But this Hester kid, oh my!!!!

Advertisement
Chris Campbell was the 2001 starter who died in the car wreck

Howard Clark was a backup LB on the team and he was a JAG

Clark was hardly a JAG. He was a very good backup. Look at who played linebacker during that run. Darrell McClover didn't play a lot or than special teams until his senior season.

Clark was hardly a JAG. He was a very good backup. Look at who played linebacker during that run. Darrell McClover didn't play a lot or than special teams until his senior season.

My most vivid memories of Howard Clark are him getting trucked over and over by FSU 2002

Yep at HoClark. Kid was a backup but a great athlete that was good at STs. I played basketball against him once at the wellness center when I was in grad school. I got the ball on the perimeter at the 3 line and launched a quick 3. Clark was in the paint as I shot it and he still blocked it. I was floored. lol

My most vivid memories of Howard Clark are him getting trucked over and over by FSU 2002

Everybody was getting trucked over and over and over by FSU in 2002.

Nobody could handle Greg Jones. Not even ST

Advertisement
Marques and Kiy at Safety....****, I'm so proud of Golden and D'Noforio right now for using that New Jersey connection for Kiy. Them boys are what Miami a Safety's are supposed to look

We should drop Ryan Mayes soon to add more space for another stud

Advertisement
Greg Olsen wasnt to shabby either. I believe Vincenzo was from Jersey as well, Miami historically has done well with Jersey area, and finding quality contributors in the Jersey area.

Great pick up, position of need, and satisfies the star lovers as well....for now at least

Testaverde? He was from Long Island.

Who said Testaverde? He was not from Jersey, he was from Elmont, as a matter of fact. I think it is on L.I. near Queens or Brooklyn, not sure now. I used to know a guy who played against him in the Senior Bowl, which was Long Island's HS all star game. I asked him about Testaverde and he said Vinny was fast. He didn't mention his passing, maybe he didn't have too much opportunity to throw in that game. The guy was a LB so maybe he just mainly had to chase Vinny.

Read the post I quoted, where I highlighted. He was referring to Vinny with that remark. He was from Long Island, played at Sewanhaka HS before going to Fork Union Military in Virginia.

I was referring to Testaverde, wasn't sure if he was, which is why I stated I believe, thank you for the correction, still point still remains Jersey area has always been kind to UM, it is a state that produces quality football players.

With our history, connections and apparent ease of quality prospects leaving that area for out of state schools, it is a pipeline that we should take advantage of.

Costa was from Philly, which is basically Jersey too.

He had one good year, 2000 when he was a part time starter and had 60 tackles and a couple of picks. The other years 99, 01 and 02 he had like 20 tackles each year as a backup.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back