Weird Oklahoma

Fly1

Covert Bag Man
It's official....

Brent Venables will Okie's new Head Coach. It's ironic because Oklahoma and big game Bob Stoops ran Venables (Okie DC at the time) off after the 2011 season so Big Game Bob Stoops could hire his brother, Mike Stoops as DC.

Now Big Game Bob is coaching the bowl game only to hand the reins to Brent Venables.

Where is Mike Stoops? He's the DC at Florida Atlantic. Lincoln Riley fired him in 2018.

You can't make this stuff up

Advertisement
aint that some ****.jpeg

eh he wasn't technically fired, stoops was trying to save his brother a job so he wanted to make venables and mike stoops co-DC.

venables then left for the clemson job. He also was a candidate for a HC job at a few places (name even came up here)

i don't think his exit from oklahoma is as bad as people are making it, but thats just my opinion

Advertisement
eh he wasn't technically fired, stoops was trying to save his brother a job so he wanted to make venables and mike stoops co-DC.

venables then left for the clemson job. He also was a candidate for a HC job at a few places (name even came up here)

i don't think his exit from oklahoma is as bad as people are making it, but thats just my opinion
The "Co-DC" thing was to publicly save face. It was not a "clean break" by any means.

It's official....

Brent Venables will Okie's new Head Coach. It's ironic because Oklahoma and big game Bob Stoops ran Venables (Okie DC at the time) off after the 2011 season so Big Game Bob Stoops could hire his brother, Mike Stoops as DC.

Now Big Game Bob is coaching the bowl game only to hand the reins to Brent Venables.

Where is Mike Stoops? He's the DC at Florida Atlantic. Lincoln Riley fired him in 2018.

You can't make this stuff up
Just wait and see what Clemson is about to go through.

Oh, it wasn't good at all.

Advertisement
Oklahoma uses to have an elite defense when Venables was there.

Stoops and Venables hashed out their issue a few years back.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back