Weekend Wrapup- Maine

View as article
LOL........I'm just saying that you posted the obvious. Of course we're mad that we aren't as good as we used to be. You wrote it as though we're denying it.

As for the "now", it's not all sunshine and ice cream just because we had a nice recruiting class. The team is still bad.....now. A discussion of the past is relevant because there isn't any indication that we're doing anything differently from a coaching standpoint.

Yes, but is that what we need to discuss in the Florida series recap? Or is that what we need to discuss in the Maine game recap? If we could have a dialogue that accepts the fact we are both ****ed at how bad the program has gotten it would allow us to be free to discuss the current team.

Personally, if I read the weekend recaps I would think to myself, "this dude really ripped the team apart." I write often about poor fundamentals and mistakes and point them out more than the successes probably. It's just that this fan base is so beaten down by losing right now that any sentence that seems positive seems to get beaten back down quickly.

I think the reason is because there are Florida teams around us doing a much better job at the things we want to have our program doing, but it just feels poisonous to get too far down.

That's my view and it's probably a bit Pollyanna'ish but that's my mindset and I hope to bring a little bit of truth- on both sides of the ledger- to the board moving forward. I'd love it if you'd help support that initiative.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back