Visits Weekday Visitors March 27-31, 2023

Advertisement
So what is Gaby hearing? Summary please.

Miami will host five-star defensive lineman David Stone for the weekend. He will be joined by his parents, which is notable because Stone said he needs that stamp of approval from his folks. There is growing confidence on Miami’s end that when they get into that official visit season, it could be an opportunity to close considering all of the things the program has to offer both on and off the field. Defensive tackle has been a priority position this cycle and Stone is a name they have circled near the top of the list. Miami feels like they’re very much in this recruitment but Oklahoma could be tough to top as the hometown program.

If being away from home is okay with mom and dad, there is reason to feel like Miami is in a really good spot. The relationships between Miami and IMG Academy are very strong and Stone sees plenty of familiar faces in Coral Gables whenever he comes down. Miami has in-roads in this recruitment and this weekend could go a long way in terms of cementing themselves as a significant player.

Michigan State appears to be waining some after the departures of Brandon Jordan and Marco Coleman.

Air Noland is essentially a week away from a commitment and he still needs to go see Ohio State and potentially Oregon before announcing his college decision. As things stand, Texas A&M and Miami seem to be the two programs with the inside track, but making any definite claims with two huge visits up ahead is risky. I know coming off of the trip to Miami, there were some working the recruitment who felt very good about their standing. Still, an offer from the Buckeyes is always a curveball and the Ducks are capable of making a late run. I cautiously feel good about where Miami stands at this stage of the process but seven days is still a lot of time in high-profile recruitments.

The main names to know outside of Noland in what could be a two quarterback class are Gray (Ga.) Jones County three-star Judd Anderson, and Phoenix (Ari.) Sunnyslope three-star Luke Moga.

Cheshire (Conn.) Academy four-star Dante Reno (South Carolina), The Woodlands (Texas) three-star Mabrey Mettauer (Wisconsin), and Hattiesburg (Miss.) Oak Grove three-star Anthony Maddox (Texas A&M) are a few committed targets on the board.

Miami needs a wide receiver in the transfer portal. I don’t know that it’s going to be USC’s Gary Bryant. Oregon is the school I believe has the fast-track to his May commitment but Texas A&M gave him something to think about over the weekend. Right now, I’m rolling with the Ducks.

The Hurricanes are also involved with Alabama transfer wide receiver Tyler Harrell, who was described as “torn” between Miami, a program he’s spent some time around this spring, and Texas A&M. Bobby Petrino played a role in getting the speedster to Louisville out of Miami Columbus and reconnecting with the Aggies play-caller appears to be on the table. Miami getting him around is a positive. In 2021, Harrell averaged nearly 30 yards per catch. The program needs a speedster with some big play ability.

I don’t think recruiting the offensive line is going to be an issue at Miami anymore and the Hurricanes are continuing to host quality talent. A big name in Top247 center Jason Zandamela will be around this weekend.

There are more blue-chippers on the radar and two who Miami hope to and have some momentum with hosting this spring are Top247 interior offensive lineman Liam Andrews and Top247 offensive lineman Daniel Calhoun.

Three names along the offensive line to know after Miami has seen them in person: Oviedo(Fla.) three-star Tye Hylton, Jacksonville (Fla.) Andrew Jackson’s Deryc Plazz, and Royersford (Pa.) Pope John Paul II four-star Kevin Heywood. They passed the eye test and are names to track if you’re following along.

Miami is hosting a couple of linebackers they like in Keyshawn Flowers and Simeon Coleman this weekend, but two with size are expected in next week. Those would be Salem (Va.) three-star Chris Cole and Pittsburgh (Pa.) Central Catholic three-star Cole Sullivan.

Both guys are 6-foot-3 with Cole tipping scales at 195-pounds while Sullivan is in the 200-pound range.

Another name the program is recruiting at a high level at the moment that we haven’t talked about - Florida commit and Largo (Fla.) Top247 linebacker Adarius Hayes.

Advertisement
I feel good about Noland unless he gets the OSU offer or pushes his commitment back.

Funny you say that, because I predict that Air will push his commitment back. It seems like too much is being jammed into too little time, and one would think there is a good chance that one or both of Oregon or OSU get in his ear enough.

Funny you say that, because I predict that Air will push his commitment back. It seems like too much is being jammed into too little time, and one would think there is a good chance that one or both of Oregon or OSU get in his ear enough.
Yeah it's odd to me he sent a commitment date of 4/8 with visits leading up to that. But maybe he just wants to get the process over with.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back