We won't be "back" until..

Canesfan12

Redshirt Freshman
We won't be back IMO until we upgrade at OL, doesnt have to be Elite every year but good enough to give our QB some comfort, we have ATLEAST 3 threats at WR (if we get Smith & Holloman thats a good complement to Richards and hopefully Mullins next year), and a premier RB, doesnt have to be Elite like Gurley/Cook/Fournette/etc. but someone who is a burner with vision should be fine year after year. If we have all of this added onto how our defense has been playing then i believe we will be "back". Also i mean back as in consistently top 5 flirting with best in the ACC every year, and pretty much being in the Playoff picture until the last 2 weeks of football.. pretty much how Clemson is now. I dont think we will dominate how Bama has been recently or how we did in the past but we can definitely and should definitely contend for the championship just about every single year

Advertisement
completely agree with this except I would also add another corner or safety who doesn't consistently get lost and who can tackle

completely agree with this except I would also add another corner or safety who doesn't consistently get lost and who can tackle

agree. I think thats just how our upperclassmen players PERSONALLY play, so when they are gone and we get players such as bandy, Jobe, DJ, etc. then our CB play will improve

Advertisement
We need OL's, a QB, RB's, WR's & an OC.

On Defense, we need CB's & S's and we'll be "back"...

You make it seem like we just need to completely flip our team by the way you worded the post. I think we have room to upgrade at every position you mentioned but if you pick 2 of those postions and leave the guys we have now then we are undefeated right now (besides CB and S). for example, if you Upgrade the entire OL or, even 3 of them, that could open more holes in the run game and give Kayaa a longer pocket so he doesnt have to panic every play, and if you just draw from a hat any of those other offensive positions to upgrade we would 100% be undefeated right now and IMO would have dominated every opponent

You make it seem like we just need to completely flip our team by the way you worded the post. I think we have room to upgrade at every position you mentioned but if you pick 2 of those postions and leave the guys we have now then we are undefeated right now (besides CB and S). for example, if you Upgrade the entire OL or, even 3 of them, that could open more holes in the run game and give Kayaa a longer pocket so he doesnt have to panic every play, and if you just draw from a hat any of those other offensive positions to upgrade we would 100% be undefeated right now and IMO would have dominated every opponent
No... Kaaya ain't got it, we need a DIFFERENT QB.

Richards will be a great WR for us in the coming years, but we don't have anybody else after him until we see what Mullins is going to do.

The RB's are solid, but not elite, we need Elite backs...

The entire OL needs to be revamped, they're pure garbage.

We need an OC almost as much as we need an OL.

Our Defense is going to be great in a few recruiting classes, but after Elder leaves we have absolutely no talent back there...

Quan Johnson is good, but Jamal & Jenkins are below average in coverage, so we definitely need more Safety's.

Advertisement
Back