WE NEED THIS NOW...

Advertisement
Va ndy baseball...

This was one of the dopest CBB facilities I’ve ever seen. Not just from a schematic standpoint, but from a functional & data processing standpoint. Sheesh. I agree w/ u, WE NEED THIS!

Also, did u notice my man’s shout out to Nike & “the newest” gear? I digress.

Advertisement
Va ndy baseball...

I haven’t been in the weight room in a few years, so I’m not sure we have those fancy sorinex camera set ups, but the new building is… similar. A lot less space, but the area where actual training takes place has all the bells and whistles (hi speed cameras, trackman, video room).

Locker room area and “fueling station” - yeah, we are a little behind. But, we can take ground balls outside and hit live in January, which Vandy will never be able to do.

mcgriffemanski.png

Advertisement
We need better coaching before anything.
And it's not just from an offensive perspective imo...maybe I'm biased as a former pitcher in college, but I've been a bit underwhelmed with Arteaga in recent years. We have so many talented arms that get shelled, and they seem to lack control or a consistent secondary/tertiary pitch to put away college hitters.

There's a huge jump from high school to college, just like there's a huge jump from college to MLB; however, we've seen time and time again that 85% of these kids don't have complete discipline at the plate and will chase off-speed pitches constantly (this goes for both our team and opposing ones). I just feel like some of these pitch selections are questionable (and I assume Arteaga has a major influence in pitch selection, if not someone can correct me), especially in plus counts.

And if Arteaga isn't the one calling pitches, even more of a reason that it's his responsibility to teach these young kids how to properly run through a lineup multiple times. A lot of them love to rely on their fastballs because you can overpower high school kids quite easily with mid-90's stuff, heck even upper 80's/low 90's. That does not work in college. Location is of the utmost importance as well - you might get away with missing a spot in high school, but in college...more likely than not, it's finding a gap somewhere. MLB? Coño, forget about it.

And it's not just from an offensive perspective imo...maybe I'm biased as a former pitcher in college, but I've been a bit underwhelmed with Arteaga in recent years. We have so many talented arms that get shelled, and they seem to lack control or a consistent secondary/tertiary pitch to put away college hitters.

There's a huge jump from high school to college, just like there's a huge jump from college to MLB; however, we've seen time and time again that 85% of these kids don't have complete discipline at the plate and will chase off-speed pitches constantly (this goes for both our team and opposing ones). I just feel like some of these pitch selections are questionable (and I assume Arteaga has a major influence in pitch selection, if not someone can correct me), especially in plus counts.

And if Arteaga isn't the one calling pitches, even more of a reason that it's his responsibility to teach these young kids how to properly run through a lineup multiple times. A lot of them love to rely on their fastballs because you can overpower high school kids quite easily with mid-90's stuff, heck even upper 80's/low 90's. That does not work in college. Location is of the utmost importance as well - you might get away with missing a spot in high school, but in college...more likely than not, it's finding a gap somewhere. MLB? Coño, forget about it.
There are pitchers and throwers? Vast majority in college today are throwers? Can not locate pitches at all. Rely on 1 or 2 pitches way to much

Advertisement
Back