We need Coach Golden's mentality

nycane

All-ACC
Premium
I think we have all been tramautized by the Coker/RS era. Coach turned Benard Peirce into a super bowl performer and Muhammad Wilkerson a no-star recruit into a starter for Jets. His attitude is we want guys who "wanna be miami hurricanes" "they're looking, we're looking". We had a great class last year. We need to get over the inferiority complex. In my mind, Collins made a stupid decision that will affect his growth as a nfl prospect. If 6 and DK go to FSU, I feel bad for them ,etc. Miami is still, Miami. As Jacoby Brissett, Willie Bailey, Sticks,etc how their choices worked out.

Advertisement
The anticipaiton of Golden's signing day presser is the only thing keeping me going right now.

I think we have all been tramautized by the Coker/RS era. Coach turned Benard Peirce into a super bowl performer and Muhammad Wilkerson a no-star recruit into a starter for Jets. His attitude is we want guys who "wanna be miami hurricanes" "they're looking, we're looking". We had a great class last year. We need to get over the inferiority complex. In my mind, Collins made a stupid decision that will affect his growth as a nfl prospect. If 6 and DK go to FSU, I feel bad for them ,etc. Miami is still, Miami. As Jacoby Brissett, Willie Bailey, Sticks,etc how their choices worked out.

People said the same **** during the Coker/RS eras. At the end of the day your job as a head coach is to win games, and you do that by a) convincing guys to come here and b) coaching them up when they get here. Writing off recruiting in the name of platitudes may help you cope with our failures in that regard but it doesn't make it smart.

He did a pretty good job with Denzel, Duke, Eddie Johnson, Deon, Tracy, Raphael Kirby, Malcom Lewis, etc.

He did a pretty good job with Denzel, Duke, Eddie Johnson, Deon, Tracy, Raphael Kirby, Malcom Lewis, etc.

They're all garbage, Golden clearly doesn't know what he is doing.

Signed,

The Morons that started following recruiting 2 weeks ago that have filled this board up

Advertisement
Golden is a good coach, but if the program aint winning no one wants to go there its that simple, plus im not going to judge Golden on this class because a lot of his staff have gone and he got the best two recruiters in SoFla IMO at the end of the recruiting time, Golden has to go all out in 2014 and get at least 85% of the local talent

there is a chance we look back on this class and say "Man, where did this Alex Figueroa kid come from".what big schools were after rhyshawn jenkins last year? watching film on recruits like bond, fig, lockley, etc. They all play hard with aggression. They have a mean streak. That's what coach golden likes.

there is a chance we look back on this class and say "Man, where did this Alex Figueroa kid come from".what big schools were after rhyshawn jenkins last year? watching film on recruits like bond, fig, lockley, etc. They all play hard with aggression. They have a mean streak. That's what coach golden likes.

ya you need guys like that but you also need guys with god given talent, im not saying those guys dont have talent its just compared to 6 and burns they are average at best

Eddie Johnson was like a 2-3 star guy and he made freshman all american

Advertisement
Golden is a good coach, but if the program aint winning no one wants to go there its that simple, plus im not going to judge Golden on this class because a lot of his staff have gone and he got the best two recruiters in SoFla IMO at the end of the recruiting time, Golden has to go all out in 2014 and get at least 85% of the local talent

Some of you people are pretty naive or just plain uninformed.

Any of you newbies heard that we've had the NCAA's Sword of Damocles hanging over our head for over 2 years?
Try recruiting when half the tv people are saying you are getting the death penalty.

85% of the local talent? You just pull that number out of your ***? We supposed to sign 150-170 South Florida kids next year?

Fair weather fans are the worst. One dark cloud and it's ******* Hurricane Andrew.

People said the same **** during the Coker/RS eras. At the end of the day your job as a head coach is to win games, and you do that by a) convincing guys to come here and b) coaching them up when they get here. Writing off recruiting in the name of platitudes may help you cope with our failures in that regard but it doesn't make it smart.

Yes, and thus far Golden won more games than most experts predicted last year given the fact that we had the youngest 2 deep in the nation and there was very little senior leadership carried over from the Shannon debacle.

Any of you newbies heard that we've had the NCAA's Sword of Damocles hanging over our head for over 2 years?
Try recruiting when half the tv people are saying you are getting the death penalty.

85% of the local talent? You just pull that number out of your ***? We supposed to sign 150-170 South Florida kids next year?

Fair weather fans are the worst. One dark cloud and it's ****ing Hurricane Andrew.

i meant 85% of the big name talents, Clark, Lane, Mcdermott, Moten those guys, and how am i a fair weather fan ive been a fan of this team since i was a little kid, i go to home games, ive supported this team for years, when did i say that this is the end of program, when was i negative in my post?

Fair weather fans are the worst. One dark cloud and it's ****ing Hurricane Andrew.

i meant 85% of the big name talents, Clark, Lane, Mcdermott, Moten those guys, and how am i a fair weather fan ive been a fan of this team since i was a little kid, i go to home games, ive supported this team for years, when did i say that this is the end of program, when was i negative in my post?

you guys gotta relax. golden can turn players into studs. hes proven it before and has done it with the guys that r currently on the roster. can you guys just wait till after NSD to form an opinion about this years class. NSD isnt here yet and all we know are rumors. remember the collins to miami lock rumors that turned out to be false. things change and for all we know the staff could have these guys locked up tom. no one else knows anything outside of coaches and the recruits themselves.

Advertisement

ya you need guys like that but you also need guys with god given talent, im not saying those guys dont have talent its just compared to 6 and burns they are average at best

btw forston was a five star coming out of hs and that 0 star that golden got at temple turned out to be a first rounder. when will people learn its not about the stars but about player development. coming out of hs you wouldve said wilkerson looks good but compared to the one of the best dts in the nation (forston), hes average. well howd that work out?

Negged. You obviously just wanted to bash him and not try to understand what the **** he was saying. I'm sure everyone knew he meant the big fish. Proceed to jumping in a ditch ******

Advertisement
Back