We finished...

cocanes

Dolemite isn’t my name
with a 9 win season. only done twice since 2006
Bowl Champions. ending a 10 year drought
probably ranked in top 25. haven't finished like that in a long time

this is a good 1st year coach job in my book

Advertisement
People forget so quickly how pathetically coached this team was for 10 years. And the defense had a complete philosophy overhaul. I would say this coaching staff did some remarkable things.

That four game stretch was rough. But people have to remember that Richt hasn't called plays in 8 years, things have changed a lot since then. We improved every game and even last night after a rough start (WVU was prepared in the beginning, they had a good game plan) he made adjustments that worked.

Also it didn't hurt to finally get some calls for holding on that nasty DLine.

Even though we finished with 4 losses, this team was different. All of our wins were of the convincing variety. All 9 were by double digits. 3 of 4 losses were close games that could have gone either way. Under Golden, our losses would be blowouts and our wins were squeakers. We are heading in the right direction for the first time in 15 years.

Advertisement
Richt isn't as good as he once was, but he's as good once as he ever was

9 wins with the worst OL I've seen. I'll take it. Hope George Brown and the. Stud recruits take it to a decent level next year

I have no doubt Golden would have gotten blown out last night but I still want Richt to hire a real OC. This power I "establish the run even when it's not there" philosophy put us in a hole too many times this year and cost us the UNC and ND games. Thank God for this defense though.

Advertisement
It is remarkable to think that we were two plays and an OT win away from 12-1. Sure, I would have liked to beat FSU, ND and the others, but for the first time in many years I feel better at the end of the season than I did the one before...............

I have no doubt Golden would have gotten blown out last night but I still want Richt to hire a real OC. This power I "establish the run even when it's not there" philosophy put us in a hole too many times this year and cost us the UNC and ND games. Thank God for this defense though.

Kaaya seemed unsure of himself until he connected with AR for the 50+ TD. After that, Kaaya got his confidence and started hitting everything. His body language completely changed after that 1 play.

When your QB is making plays it makes you look good as an OC and visa versa.

Nice to finish a season strong for a change, but I will reserve judgement of the coaching staff. Been fooled too many times. The front 7 of this defense is reason for cautious optimism, but the OL is apocraphyl.

Advertisement
One of the more encouraging things I saw this season were halftime adjustments, particularly on defense. This is something we virtually never under the the previous regime.

Virginia and UNC were two games where the defense pitched shutouts in the second half. Pitt and Notre Dame were other examples where the defense came back in the second half and played much better. Given the youth on defense, it really speaks volumes to their maturity and how polished some of them already are. Can't wait to watch this unit next season.

Unfortunately, in the cases of both ND and Pitt, it was too little, too late.

Not winning the Coastal is disappointing no matter how you slice it. FSU was infuriating and Richt did not have this team prepared for Virginia Tech.

That being said, we finished strong and haven't done so in ages. No reason this team should not win the Coastal next season, with or without Kaaya.

That four game stretch was rough. But people have to remember that Richt hasn't called plays in 8 years, things have changed a lot since then. We improved every game and even last night after a rough start (WVU was prepared in the beginning, they had a good game plan) he made adjustments that worked.

Also it didn't hurt to finally get some calls for holding on that nasty DLine.

It was a little suprising to see the holding calls as we rarely get those calls from ACC officials. Which conference was officiating the game?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back