We can't want this more than they want it!

Canenable

Recruit
If Amari Carter doesn't want to play football, we can't want it for him.

If Manny Diaz doesn't want to coach better, we can't want it for him. Who in the **** would choose Amari Carter as a captain for this team and he can't stay on the field? What person would still have him out there wearing the captain's C on his jersey if not to send the wrong message to the rest of the team? Manny doesn't even understand that? Manny you are running a D1 football team not a youth league team!

If Mark Pope doesn't want to focus at all times on the field, we can't want it for him. Sure he played a great 3 quarters, and then two drops in a row. No consequences for poor performance leads to more poor performance.

If Mike Harley doesn't want it, we can't want it for him. Sure he had the game of his life, is anyone expecting reversion to the mean the rest of the season? Why would we think that way Mike? Probably because there is no trust, but its up to him not us.

If our O-line doesn't mind getting bulldozed week after week then they don't want it, so we can't want it for them. At some point embarrassment has to set in or someone else needs a turn. Never seen a whole group on a football team combined play that poorly and not seem to mind.

If Al Blades doesn't want to cover guys that run past him, then we can't want it for him.

I point out the names from last night but those names change week to week, some repeat but it is still the same attitude where they do not seem to care. They will regret the opportunities they squandered later in life but they are kids that are currently in squandering mode. Sad to watch as an alum and a fan for the past 35 years but if these kids don't want it, then we can't want it for them. I fell bad that the folks leading these kids can't get through to them but I have two teenage sons who display the same attitudes and I can't figure that out either. I like the days when Edge, or Michael Irvin were out there because their hunger was written all over their life stories', now I see no hunger and it is uninspiring. Ed reed was hungry, Reggie Wayne was hungry, Santana Moss was hungry, Ray Lewis was hungry, we see very little hunger, Don Chaney looks a little hungry, King looks hungry, Harley looked hungry last night for the first time I have ever seen. Sad that hunger is the missing ingredient at the U.

Advertisement
I agree, we can't want it as bad as them.. And I know we have a very tough fanbase but **** a lot of the problems we see as fans, how is the staff overseeing it.. Manny has to do more with this team, I want to see *** chewing on the sideline these type of things effect the game, I don't understand why Miami staffs always seem so soft on their players.. Someone mentioned it, but elite programs have staff members that make noise when players f'up and you see it.. MIAMI it just doesn't happen!! 5-1 is okay, but this team needs to be chewed up and spit out, because these last 3 performances have been **** poor... 2-1 okay but during bye week, this players need to be drilled like the are in a military boot camp!! And whoever has a problem with it, should sent packing, this team has that fight in them but it's that we can't lose fight... WE NEED THAT MIAMI FIGHT, that fight where our Canes go out there and punch a team in the mouth and knock the fight out of them but our Canes are still punching them even though they aren't fighting back, THAT'S THE FIGHT.. And I'm all for Manny, but dude this team is not looking like a team is capable of WINNING a ACCCG.. These next games after the bye will be the toughest part of the schedule..

If Amari Carter doesn't want to play football, we can't want it for him.

If Manny Diaz doesn't want to coach better, we can't want it for him. Who in the **** would choose Amari Carter as a captain for this team and he can't stay on the field? What person would still have him out there wearing the captain's C on his jersey if not to send the wrong message to the rest of the team? Manny doesn't even understand that? Manny you are running a D1 football team not a youth league team!

If Mark Pope doesn't want to focus at all times on the field, we can't want it for him. Sure he played a great 3 quarters, and then two drops in a row. No consequences for poor performance leads to more poor performance.

If Mike Harley doesn't want it, we can't want it for him. Sure he had the game of his life, is anyone expecting reversion to the mean the rest of the season? Why would we think that way Mike? Probably because there is no trust, but its up to him not us.

If our O-line doesn't mind getting bulldozed week after week then they don't want it, so we can't want it for them. At some point embarrassment has to set in or someone else needs a turn. Never seen a whole group on a football team combined play that poorly and not seem to mind.

If Al Blades doesn't want to cover guys that run past him, then we can't want it for him.

I point out the names from last night but those names change week to week, some repeat but it is still the same attitude where they do not seem to care. They will regret the opportunities they squandered later in life but they are kids that are currently in squandering mode. Sad to watch as an alum and a fan for the past 35 years but if these kids don't want it, then we can't want it for them. I fell bad that the folks leading these kids can't get through to them but I have two teenage sons who display the same attitudes and I can't figure that out either. I like the days when Edge, or Michael Irvin were out there because their hunger was written all over their life stories', now I see no hunger and it is uninspiring. Ed reed was hungry, Reggie Wayne was hungry, Santana Moss was hungry, Ray Lewis was hungry, we see very little hunger, Don Chaney looks a little hungry, King looks hungry, Harley looked hungry last night for the first time I have ever seen. Sad that hunger is the missing ingredient at the U.
Blades was looking to the sidelines for the play on his **** up. Coaches are clueless and could have called a timeout on that play.

I agree, we can't want it as bad as them.. And I know we have a very tough fanbase but **** a lot of the problems we see as fans, how is the staff overseeing it.. Manny has to do more with this team, I want to see *** chewing on the sideline these type of things effect the game, I don't understand why Miami staffs always seem so soft on their players.. Someone mentioned it, but elite programs have staff members that make noise when players f'up and you see it.. MIAMI it just doesn't happen!! 5-1 is okay, but this team needs to be chewed up and spit out, because these last 3 performances have been **** poor... 2-1 okay but during bye week, this players need to be drilled like the are in a military boot camp!! And whoever has a problem with it, should sent packing, this team has that fight in them but it's that we can't lose fight... WE NEED THAT MIAMI FIGHT, that fight where our Canes go out there and punch a team in the mouth and knock the fight out of them but our Canes are still punching them even though they aren't fighting back, THAT'S THE FIGHT.. And I'm all for Manny, but dude this team is not looking like a team is capable of WINNING a ACCCG.. These next games after the bye will be the toughest part of the schedule..
Manny doesn't get in their faces because he doesn't know how to as a head coach, because he was never a head coach. When you do a head coaching search for 6 hours and hire a guy that has never been a head coach before this is the result. When you lazily hire Larry Coker as your head coach, that is the result. When you hire a guy like Mark Richt that looks a listless as a punch drunk fighter, you get the same results. I am sure Manny wants it to work out but he does not have the tools to do it, which means he needs players that can pick up that slack like Coker had in the beginning anyway until he started recruiting "his players". We can't give Manny the tools to magically get head coaching experience, we actually stole that from him by not leaving him at Temple for a few years. Manny can try as hard as he wants to try and "get it" but he can't learn that on the job at Miami unless we are going to wait 10 years for him to mess up on everything first. The guy has the ability to recruit, he should have gone into sales instead of trying to be a head coach, we will learn that the hard way and our Board of Trustees does not ever seem to learn so we will be stuck in the mud until we accidentally hire a good coach.

Advertisement
Just Manny's demeanor on the sidelines with that head set, and his face cover up to his eyes : it's like he is a bystander on the sidelines. You see Saban on the sidelines getting into it with the refs, coaches and players . I remember they once asked Jimmy why he never wore headsets, if i have those headsets on, I start losing feel for the game.

Manny doesn't get in their faces because he doesn't know how to as a head coach, because he was never a head coach. When you do a head coaching search for 6 hours and hire a guy that has never been a head coach before this is the result. When you lazily hire Larry Coker as your head coach, that is the result. When you hire a guy like Mark Richt that looks a listless as a punch drunk fighter, you get the same results. I am sure Manny wants it to work out but he does not have the tools to do it, which means he needs players that can pick up that slack like Coker had in the beginning anyway until he started recruiting "his players". We can't give Manny the tools to magically get head coaching experience, we actually stole that from him by not leaving him at Temple for a few years. Manny can try as hard as he wants to try and "get it" but he can't learn that on the job at Miami unless we are going to wait 10 years for him to mess up on everything first. The guy has the ability to recruit, he should have gone into sales instead of trying to be a head coach, we will learn that the hard way and our Board of Trustees does not ever seem to learn so we will be stuck in the mud until we accidentally hire a good coach.
Leave Richt out of it....he was instrumental in beginning the turnaround we are seeing

Leave Richt out of it....he was instrumental in beginning the turnaround we are seeing
Gtfoh...poor a$$ playcalling. Seriously poor roster management. Ridiculously inefficient staff hires. Only thing good was he had the sense to leave and cancel his buyout.

Advertisement
Back