We can win for sure

VA's oline held up pretty well and they had receivers open all night. Their running game also got good gains. The defense held their own except for some missed tackles and 3rd and longs. VA could of definitely been in that game in the 4th if they could wrap up and shut down some 3rd and longs. I think our O will put up points and our D will pressure Trevor more then VA.

Advertisement
We will definitely hang with them. Really just worried about Etienne breaking a long run or Lawrence picking us apart. Our LB and CBs will need to play lights out. However, there defense does not look dominant IMO. As long as we don’t have a bunch of dropped balls or muffed punts I believe King can deliver us 30+ points. It’s really of a matter of Will our defense allow more than that

Advertisement
All depends on if we're hot or cold . . . after a bye we tend to be cold . . . can't afford that next week . . . Oh, and stop that run on 3rd . . .

VA's oline held up pretty well and they had receivers open all night. Their running game also got good gains. The defense held their own except for some missed tackles and 3rd and longs. VA could of definitely been in that game in the 4th if they could wrap up and shut down some 3rd and longs. I think our O will put up points and our D will pressure Trevor more then VA.

I hear you but please don’t mistake a vanilla gameplan for vulnerabilities. Can you see some vulnerabilities even though they ran vanilla? Of course, but make no mistake, 3/9/16 are dynamos and can change the game with one play.

Advertisement
Maybe Clemson is still Clemson but UVA is tougher than we think 🤔
What I saw of the game, Virginia didn't look all that good. Clemson looked like they were going through the motions, and still won easily. Now, if Clemson does that against us, they will find themselves in a hole quickly. We are, in my opinion, far better than Virginia.

UVA put up 23?

That’s not exactly a team known for its offense. If Miami and Lashlee are who we think we are this season. We should put more points on the board then UVA.

Preferably 30.

Scoring less than UVA would be bad .....unless it’s a W!

Advertisement
I gotta feeling like most here, if our OL is consistent and plays with confidence and our receivers don't fvck up big opportunities, we will be in great position to win as long as the defense limits the big play scoring. Play defense, create a couple turnovers and take advantage of offensive opportunities. Typical recipe for winning

Temps in 60’s, no significant wind / rain.
No excuses!
Contain E-train and let the chips fall ...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back