We Can Compare last 2 offensive systems all we want...

caneaddict

Senior
and say that Kaaya was better before, etc,,

But...

We continue to suck on 3rd down and redzone, so we can't stay on the field and score when we get near..
We are in the 100's in both.. Until we fix these nothing else matters

Advertisement
Advertisement
He has a lot better defense this year. Had that been true the last two years, he would had won more games despite 3rd down and redzone problems. Those were problems we hoped Mark would solve.

Mark can't solve it because we do not have an OL that can line up and open a hole. End of story. When more than 6 guys are in the box this OL can not get it done. And there is only so much a coach can do at that point. They suck at blocking 1v1. They do well in the shotgun, but once things get tight, they fold.

I'm all in on Richt as I was with Golden before it became obvious he was in over his head. Problem is Golden was so stubborn he never tried to adjust his scheme to the talent he had. I'm giving Richt and company the benefit of the doubt this season but with an uneasy feeling.

It seems Kaaya needs to be in shotgun or pistol formations to be comfortable. I'm assuming that's why Richt isn't running more of a true pro style under center offense, so he's tried to tweak his scheme it seems. I know with as dismal as the line is it's tough to scheme an offense capable of moving the ball consistently but Richt has to show he can adapt.

There's not as much talent on this team as some think. Hopefully with solid recruiting our entire team, especially the offense, can take a big step forward.

Running the football better will fix all that

Running the football is supposed to help your offense (generally speaking) by putting you in a 3rd and Short situation at worst. However, we suck at converting 3rd and 4 for some reason.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back