We can all agree...

canefan88xbl

Redshirt Freshman
...that whoever is chosen as the next head coach will not be unanimously loved, at first. However, we can't crucify the guy before he even gets going. None of our finalists are even in the realm of Al Golden, so it's unfair to make the comparison. Al spent his coaching career with mediocre programs and peter principled when asked to coach at an elite level. All of our candidates have experience and success coaching at the highest college or pro level.

Focus on their positives and lets wait for the results. I look at Florida, yes I said Florida, as the template. They had a lot of talent on the roster, dominant defense, but a horrific offense in 2014. They bring in an offensive coach and have tremendous turnaround. We have the talent and our offense could be great with a playcaller who doesn't run bubble screen from the far hash in the red zone, we just need someone to sort out the defense.

Hopefully the rumors and speculation will end soon.

Advertisement
Schiano is only a little better than Golden. Thats it.

Butch, Mullen, and Richt are better, but Miami should of had much better candidates. The fact Schiano is on the list speaks volumes.

Advertisement
Every candidate has idiots that hate the candidate for no reason or because they have a preference for a different coach more along the lines of a reality tv celebrity. However, there is a huge difference in the level of toxicity that the various coaches will add.

The level of dislike around Butch, Mullen, and Richt isn't even relevant in comparison to Schiano or Cristobal (let alone both). You can't expect the administration to make a cheap, lazy, and generally incompetent hiring, and have everyone hold hands, form a circle, and play some bongos. There are consequences to actions when an organization chooses to **** off its constituency.

Where do we get off knocking this list? Have you seen Texas, UF, USC , GA and Usce's candidates/hires?

IMO our list is just as good or better than jobs considered better than ours. Just my opinion.

I'd been rustled with Helton or smart. I'd take Mullen, Butch, Richt or Gundy over that any day of the week.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back