We are in a better place

GaCane1213

Junior
A lot of crying on here lately.....we lost 2 games we should have won....I understand that.....but the product on the field looks better than what folden was putting out there. We got defiencies across the board....primary a severely limited QB and OL.....only way to get out of this mess is to recruit better guys and get the infestation of this OL off campus ASAP. I can see getting 2 JUCO guys to come in next year....what we got now is complete trash....but there will be better days ahead

Advertisement
No. the D looks better. The O looks worse.

The problem isn't talent. It's an inept coach unable to work within the confines of the talent he has.

I tend to think that seeing an aggressive defensive scheme makes me "feel" like we're better than the last few years but overall, its still very concerning.

I tend to think that seeing an aggressive defensive scheme makes me "feel" like we're better than the last few years but overall, its still very concerning.

Definitely better defense, have given up a decent amount of yards in the last 2 games, but have been pretty successful keeping them out of end zone. My mVP for coaches is Diaz. Need to keep him. Offense has regressed though, I knew Richt is an over the hill OC, but never thought he would be worse than Coley.

Advertisement

The problem isn't talent. It's an inept coach unable to work within the confines of the talent he has.

It took them 5 years to fire the biggest nobody in CFB history. Golden was la bunch of kids stacked up under a trench coat, with the one on top wearing a richard nixon mask, trying to buy cigarettes at a 7/11.

They let three kids wearing a trench coat and halloween mask coach the football team for millions of dollars for 5 years.

Richt is never getting fire. When he eventually wins a coastal they might give him a life time contract.

What does this even mean?

The defense has been outstanding. Number 3 in the country and held a potent UNC offense to 20 points.

This team is lacking depth on multiple fronts dude

We played with 66 scholarship players against UNC. I-AA teams get 65. Jackson, Thomas and Redwine got hurt and didn't return. Depth sucks. Richt has been ****, but depth sucks

Another apologist thread.

Win the game. Get it done.

Life is simple.

A lot of crying on here lately.....we lost 2 games we should have won....I understand that.....but the product on the field looks better than what folden was putting out there. We got defiencies across the board....primary a severely limited QB and OL.....only way to get out of this mess is to recruit better guys and get the infestation of this OL off campus ASAP. I can see getting 2 JUCO guys to come in next year....what we got now is complete trash....but there will be better days ahead

Advertisement

We played with 66 scholarship players against UNC. I-AA teams get 65. Jackson, Thomas and Redwine got hurt and didn't return. Depth sucks. Richt has been ****, but depth sucks

You really think depth has been the problem? We haven't been losing to Alabama.

There's a thread about how good our RBs aren't. There's one about how the safeties can't tackle. There are several threads about how the OL is the weakest unit on the team. There are a dozen obout how our QB can't run or really throw the ball so much. The veteran LBs we have were all beaten out by freshmen. How do you figure we don't have depth issues? It doesn't take Alabama to evade a safety that can't tackle or catch a RB who isn't fast. You don't have to be an NFL DT to get past our OL or catch a QB that won't, under any circumstances, run. Those are issues with depth. If your QB isn't getting it done, put in the #2 ...except we all know not to trust our #2 . How about putting in some of those future star OL? Nope, none are ready if they ever will be. LBs? Not even close.

We have poor depth. That's not nearly the only reason for our losses. Depth might have gotten us 2 more Ws, but so would better play calling or QB play or blocking. So depth isn't THE issue, but it sure as **** is AN issue.

Read.....

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/cant-blame-fall/103709

There's a thread about how good our RBs aren't. There's one about how the safeties can't tackle. There are several threads about how the OL is the weakest unit on the team. There are a dozen obout how our QB can't run or really throw the ball so much. The veteran LBs we have were all beaten out by freshmen. How do you figure we don't have depth issues? It doesn't take Alabama to evade a safety that can't tackle or catch a RB who isn't fast. You don't have to be an NFL DT to get past our OL or catch a QB that won't, under any circumstances, run. Those are issues with depth. If your QB isn't getting it done, put in the #2 ...except we all know not to trust our #2 . How about putting in some of those future star OL? Nope, none are ready if they ever will be. LBs? Not even close.

We have poor depth. That's not nearly the only reason for our losses. Depth might have gotten us 2 more Ws, but so would better play calling or QB play or blocking. So depth isn't THE issue, but it sure as **** is AN issue.

Depth refers to what is behind the starters. What you are talking about is a dearth of talent.

My point though has nothing to do w either. I'm saying that Recht has given us game plans inappropriate for the make-up of this team. He is asking a poor OL to produce a power running game.

Talent/depth/game plan. Different subjects. I'm referring to the latter.

Advertisement

Depth refers to what is behind the starters. What you are talking about is a dearth of talent.

My point though has nothing to do w either. I'm saying that Recht has given us game plans inappropriate for the make-up of this team. He is asking a poor OL to produce a power running game.

Talent/depth/game plan. Different subjects. I'm referring to the latter.

You implied depth was not an issue because we weren't playing Alabama, I think that's incorrect. I refer to depth because so many people seem to think there are guys on the bench who are better than the starters. There aren't.

As to your point, I agree that Richt should be doing everything possible to work with what we have not what we wish we had- that was the major failing of the last staff. As for game plans, I'm guessing that Richt is going with what he thinks will work given the pieces he has. I think Richt is having Kayaa do what he thinks he can do- he's seeing something on the field or in practice that tells him to keep the throws short and stay away from the middle of the field. He's seeing something that tells him what personal to use and what to ask them to do. For now I'm going to assume that he knows better than we do- 6 games in I think that makes sense.

Advertisement
Back