We Ain't The Only Ones That Mope About Lost Recruits

Advertisement
LSU fans calling out another coach for supposed cheating is funny to me.

252.jpg

Advertisement
Amazing how things can change in a few years

TA number of NOLA kids were signing out of state and ignoring LSU.
At that time, Miami, FSU and TN had made strong inroads into LA and were scooping up major LA talent year after year. DiNardo halted the exodus (starting with Kevin Faulk) and Saban/Miles continued to keep most in-state talent.

well a lot of their in state kids this year are probably going to other schools

i dont think speedy is considering them, we are not the only team in the nation with kids going to other schools, GA got burned last year

Advertisement
I find it kind of funny that people automatically assume that "player XYZ" would DEFINITELY not have gon un-noticed in this day in age. (not taking a personal shot at you Dwinstitles. This gets said on this board ALL THE TIME.) How do we know that? Just because the internet is in full force and there are camps, etc?

So it IMPOSSIBLE to even CONSIDER the fact that guys like Dan Morgan (played RB at Taravella) , Santana Moss (prob had all of 15 catches his entire HS career) , Ed Reed (wasnt anything special about him coming out of HS. Wasnt a freak of nature. Just was a good athlete and all around football player), and Jeremy Shockey would have gon unnoticed?

Kids STILL to this day go unnoticed and get no love. They talk about it all the time. U telling me Elvis Dumervil would have been a 4/5 star in this age of recruiting? Ahhhhh NO! Buddy was 5'11 MAYBE playing DT. Who would have thought he would have developed like that? Not even Butch saw that coming.

Dont want to make another thesis here but I just think the notion that recruiting has changed so much that the days of guys like "Bryant McKinnie" going unnoticed are over is assuming way too much.

I find it kind of funny that people automatically assume that "player XYZ" would DEFINITELY not have gon un-noticed in this day in age. (not taking a personal shot at you Dwinstitles. This gets said on this board ALL THE TIME.) How do we know that? Just because the internet is in full force and there are camps, etc?

So it IMPOSSIBLE to even CONSIDER the fact that guys like Dan Morgan (played RB at Taravella) , Santana Moss (prob had all of 15 catches his entire HS career) , Ed Reed (wasnt anything special about him coming out of HS. Wasnt a freak of nature. Just was a good athlete and all around football player), and Jeremy Shockey would have gon unnoticed?

Kids STILL to this day go unnoticed and get no love. They talk about it all the time. U telling me Elvis Dumervil would have been a 4/5 star in this age of recruiting? Ahhhhh NO! Buddy was 5'11 MAYBE playing DT. Who would have thought he would have developed like that? Not even Butch saw that coming.

Dont want to make another thesis here but I just think the notion that recruiting has changed so much that the days of guys like "Bryant McKinnie" going unnoticed are over is assuming way too much.

again, your example is littered with guys who committed more than 10 years ago. Provide modern examples

Advertisement
Back