WAY TOO EARLY ACC PREDICTIONS

maurice3p

Senior
Last year, Clemson won the ACC against UNC. This season No more divisions! So it’s the best two, I’m leaning towards the teams with the two best QB’s FSU (unfortunately) & North Carolina to meet up in the ACCCG.

Clemson is due for regression, Clemson had 6 years for Great QB play which isn’t the norm in college football. Cade Klubnik isn’t NEARLY as good as Deshaun Watson or Trevor Lawrence. Dabo isn’t embracing NIL and it will hurt them long term.

FSU is loaded and can score in multiple ways, I don’t see them running the table but they have a chance to make the playoffs because of their QB Jordan Travis.

UNC plays minimal defense, but they have a top QB prospect in Drake Maye. I don’t see enough to call Maye ELITE, but they had a top 4 recruiting class (#1 in 2021) the past 4 years in the ACC.

MIAMI TVD needs to have a bounce back year for Miami to win the conference. After rewatching the spring game three times, I’m encouraged of what I’ve seen with the WR’s. However, the lack of talent on the corners will hurt the team if they don’t get a transfer.
To be great in college you need good CB play because of the wide hash marks. Question is, can the offense score enough to make up for bad defense? Will one of the true freshman CB’s emerge as reliable in coverage?

I have to deep dive in NC STATE, Wake Forest, GT, & VT next. But I don’t expect any of those to REALLY win the ACC in 2023.

Advertisement
Last year, Clemson won the ACC against UNC. This season No more divisions! So it’s the best two, I’m leaning towards the teams with the two best QB’s FSU (unfortunately) & North Carolina to meet up in the ACCCG.

Clemson is due for regression, Clemson had 6 years for Great QB play which isn’t the norm in college football. Cade Klubnik isn’t NEARLY as good as Deshaun Watson or Trevor Lawrence. Dabo isn’t embracing NIL and it will hurt them long term.

FSU is loaded and can score in multiple ways, I don’t see them running the table but they have a chance to make the playoffs because of their QB Jordan Travis.

UNC plays minimal defense, but they have a top QB prospect in Drake Maye. I don’t see enough to call Maye ELITE, but they had a top 4 recruiting class (#1 in 2021) the past 4 years in the ACC.

MIAMI TVD needs to have a bounce back year for Miami to win the conference. After rewatching the spring game three times, I’m encouraged of what I’ve seen with the WR’s. However, the lack of talent on the corners will hurt the team if they don’t get a transfer.
To be great in college you need good CB play because of the wide hash marks. Question is, can the offense score enough to make up for bad defense? Will one of the true freshman CB’s emerge as reliable in coverage?

I have to deep dive in NC STATE, Wake Forest, GT, & VT next. But I don’t expect any of those to REALLY win the ACC in 2023.

I don’t know: it’s hard to bet against Clemson versus FSU. You’re right in that their 6-year run of great qb play was pretty anomalous but Klubnik has a lot of talent, got his feet wet, and they definitely upgraded their play caller in the offseason.

I think they missed Venables a lot last year but their dline and overall defense should be really tough.

UNC has Drake but Mack underachieves so much….they’ve recruited very well the last 3-4 years and should have better results (and a better defense) but should is common with Brown and his consistent underachievement

No UNC or NC St on fSU’s schedule.
They have the easiest conference schedule of the top 6 or 7 teams in the league….
other than Pitt.

I still like Clemson and their defense at the top spot.

Speaking of Pitt, no Clemson.
FSU and UNC at home.
In typical ACC fashion they may be a sleeper and finish in the #2 spot.

Still holding out hope for the Canes to do some damage though.

No UNC or NC St on fSU’s schedule.
They have the easiest conference schedule of the top 6 or 7 teams in the league….
other than Pitt.

I still like Clemson and their defense at the top spot.

Speaking of Pitt, no Clemson.
FSU and UNC at home.
In typical ACC fashion they may be a sleeper and finish in the #2 spot.

Still holding out hope for the Canes to do some damage though.
Did we get the toughest schedule in the ACC this season?

if the assumption is that FSU and Clemson are the 2 best teams , then only us, Duke, Syracuse and Wake play both.
Duke also has NC, NcST, Pitt and no BC, GT and SU.
I’ll say Duke has the toughest conference schedule, on paper, right now.
We probably have the second toughest.

Figuring for the ACCCG so I’m not counting OOC games.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back