Way-too-early 2015 mock draft

i can see a teddy bridgewater happening with winston

I doubt it... The kid has the size and a stronger arm... He also has a more athletic cast which allows him to go deep more frequently... His only knock may be his release because its pretty long. However, we witnessed Leftwich having a long career with a similar release. His demise was injuries and that plagued him throughout his college career. We haven't seen Winston suffer from any injuries... Oh yea another knock is he tend to get greedy... If he improves on that he's definitely not falling... And if he does, just like Teddy it's the best thing that can happen...

Advertisement

I doubt it... The kid has the size and a stronger arm... He also has a more athletic cast which allows him to go deep more frequently... His only knock may be his release because its pretty long. However, we witnessed Leftwich having a long career with a similar release. His demise was injuries and that plagued him throughout his college career. We haven't seen Winston suffer from any injuries... Oh yea another knock is he tend to get greedy... If he improves on that he's definitely not falling... And if he does, just like Teddy it's the best thing that can happen...

his character is taking a major blow.... with teams analyzing the **** out of it don't be surprised if he takes a slip

I seen on one mock draft, Perryman going around 31-32. Short, but with good production, Someone is going to get a good ILB.

I've seen him as high as 10. I say a good range for him could be at about 15- early 2nd round. Pending season measurables and other factors. Somewhere in that range.

His only chance is to turn himself into an Earl Thomas/Ed McCaffrey type.

Haha. I heard it's going to be a "massive uphill battle" for him to even get drafted.

Especially if he has to turn himself into Eddie McCaffrey. Not easy for a 6' 245lb linebacker to morph into a 6'5" possession receiver.

his character is taking a major blow.... with teams analyzing the **** out of it don't be surprised if he takes a slip

I'm curious to see what his wonderlic test score will be. FSU fans may think he's personable, especially when he Ruffies you, but I haven't seen an interview of his, where I think, "now that's a smart, well spoken young man."

Conservatively, he acts like he's dumber than a rock. His actions bespeak of a man with entitlement issues, and this whole alleged rape issue could be a sign of greater problems, ala Sharper.

As for that way to early mock draft. Amari Cooper at #2.
That says it all for me. There's no way Cooper is Calvin Johnson or Julio Jones. He might not even be Leonard Hankerson.

Advertisement
Amari Cooper isn't going #2. You have to test like a freak to go that high as a WR, and he's not Andre or Sammy Watkins athletically.

For the FSU guys....

-Winston is really the only guy I see going first round and who knows how his character issues play out.
-Edwards has battled weight issues, not a good sign but has the talent.
-PJ Williams is solid, but don't see first round on somewhat of a tweener (S/CB)
-Erving is a joke - Not athletic enough. Late round
-Jackson - Guards have to be pretty phenomenal to go 1st round, but he's got a better chance than Erving
-Rashad Greene - Too small, but he's a very nice player. Maybe 2-3rd.

never been that impressed with PJ Williams, their other corner Darby is the first round talent.

First round are for Elite players we all know who that is on FSU squad. MAYBE edwards depending on his season i dont think he will test well at the combine

Advertisement
I really don't think Philadelphia will be that good and have the 27th pick. Chip Kelly will be doing whatever he can to move up and take Mariota I think. He needs the premiere guy to run his offense.

I seen on one mock draft, Perryman going around 31-32. Short, but with good production, Someone is going to get a good ILB.

I've seen him as high as 10. I say a good range for him could be at about 15- early 2nd round. Pending season measurables and other factors. Somewhere in that range.

His only chance is to turn himself into an Earl Thomas/Ed McCaffrey type.

Haha. I heard it's going to be a "massive uphill battle" for him to even get drafted.

Especially if he has to turn himself into Eddie McCaffrey. Not easy for a 6' 245lb linebacker to morph into a 6'5" possession receiver.

Agreed. He has an uphill climb. TheClownShow can tell u about it in more detail.

7 FSU 1st rounders is realistic...Ronald Darby wasn't in that mock draft and he's FSU's best returning defensive player.

Advertisement
Pj and darby would start here imo

So they are both better than 5 star Howard, because they would have to surpass him as well. I know, I know, stars don't mean everything, but it again would make me question player development here.

They were both 4 star, top 150 players, so it's not like Howard was overwhelmingly more talented and more highly thought of coming out of high school.

http://www.gbnreport.com/2015projection.html

Team
Player
Team
SCHOOL
1 Jacksonville Randy Gregory
DE
Nebraska
Oakland Shilique Calhoun
DE
Michigan State
Minnesota
Malcolm Brown
DT
Texas
Houston
Bryce Petty
QB
Baylor
5 Washington
Jordan Jenkins OLB Georgia
Cleveland
Amari Cooper
WR
Alabama
Tampa Bay
Jameis Winston
QB
Florida State
8 Pittsburgh
Mario Edwards
DE
Florida State
NY Jets Marcus Mariota
QB
Oregon
Tennessee
Brett Hundley
QB
UCLA
Dallas
Landon Collins
FS
Alabama
Miami Todd Gurley
RB
Georgia
Arizona
Cameron Erving
OT
Florida State
14 Cleveland (from Buffalo)
Cedric Ogbuehi
OT
Texas A&M
Atlanta Cedric Reid
DE
Texas
Kansas City
Rashad Greene
WR
Florida State
17 Carolina Ifo Ekpre-Olomu
CB
Oregon
18 St. Louis Cody Prewitt
FS
Mississippi
19 NY Giants Leonard Williams
DE
Southern California
Chicago Denzel Perryman
LB
Miami
21 San Diego T.J.Yeldon
RB
Alabama
22 Cincinnati
La'el Collins
G/T
LSU
23 Philadelphia Josh Shaw
DB
Southern California
Detroit
Brandon Scherff
OT
Iowa
Baltimore
Ereck Flowers
OT
Miami
New Orleans Vic Beasley
OLB
Clemson
Indianapolis Jalen Collins
CB
LSU
Green Bay
Henry Anderson
DE
Stanford
New England Hroniss Grasu
C
Oregon
30 Seattle Arik Armstead
DT
Oregon
Denver Noah Spence
DE
Ohio State
San Francisco Xzavier ****son
OLB
Alabama

So they are both better than 5 star Howard, because they would have to surpass him as well. I know, I know, stars don't mean everything, but it again would make me question player development here.

Not really...Darby was a 5* also the #1 CB per 247 and Scout. He also has elite speed-
4.31 40 yd
6.77 60m
10.37 100m

All are even faster than Dorset.... so even though I question our coaching, it's not surprising that he's ranked higher than Tracy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Tracy isnt bad at all and miami coaching hasnt hindered him at all hes just slight in frame but he has an elite skillset and once he bulks up a tad he will be good to go…darby was a elite track guy but better football player that rarely happens and the coaching he has received since hes been at fsu is pretty good stoops pruitt and s&c…both will play in the league long time many fsu fans were lucky to take that boy from notre dame because they had their hopes up for howard that year

Tracy isnt bad at all and miami coaching hasnt hindered him at all hes just slight in frame but he has an elite skillset and once he bulks up a tad he will be good to go…darby was a elite track guy but better football player that rarely happens and the coaching he has received since hes been at fsu is pretty good stoops pruitt and s&c…both will play in the league long time many fsu fans were lucky to take that boy from notre dame because they had their hopes up for howard that year

I see you took all your periods from that paragraph and jammed them together into two specific locations. Interesting strategy. We'll have to see if it works out.

Last edited:

They were both 4 star, top 150 players, so it's not like Howard was overwhelmingly more talented and more highly thought of coming out of high school.

I agree it wasn't a case of overwhelmingly better, but with that said, Al should be able to coach up a 5 star to a level that he's not our backup cb (assuming the 3 of these guys were on the same team).

Advertisement
Back