Watson accuser speaks

There's just so much smoke here:
1. Deshaun's attorney admitted to him deleting IG messages.
2. As one former NFL player explained, the fact that he has supposedly frequented 35+ masseuses is odd. You find one you like and you stick to one.
3. The sheer # of alleged victims. This is no he-said-she-said. This is a he-said-she, she, she, she, etc. said.

I'm not PR expert, but I think he needs to come out and say he has a problem and hope that his talent + forgiveness will welcome him back to an NFL club.

Advertisement
You need to learn how "pattern" evidence is used.
You can't argue with this type of thinking man, just let it go. I mean the dude has like 45 women he has contacted to massage him. He, it would seem, has clearly acted in some pretty inappropriate ways with at least several of them and the fact that he has that many (and who knows how many others), seems to point that he has some sort of issue that he is acting out and see how far he can take it with each of them. But hey, they are masseuses, they must have wanted it and this is part of their job......giving handjobs and ****. You can't argue with people who think this way.

Leaning this way too. Owner, front office, coaching staff, locker room all have to sign off on being led by a pathological *** creep.

Jameis Winston threw for 5000 yds and 33 TDs and got a couple of 1 year prove it deals to hide as a backup. Everyone talks about the turnovers which is a factor but I think a lot of teams crossed him off the list when he drunkenly groped the Uber driver (after the previous incident at FSU). This is way more extreme. Greater talent = greater tolerance but some things are non-negotiable.

His dynasty value is on a freefall tanking to QB19 barely ahead of Carson Wentz. That signals we're far from the minority thinking he's done.

Yes, that is another great example. And it's also not helping Jameis' case that Brady took essentially the same Bucs team to a Super Bowl win. Proof that the QB and the leadership he provides are essential elements to winning.

It's sadly humorous to watch Jameis trying to fellate Drew Brees while simultaneously acting all Super-Jesus-y to try to convince everyone that he is a much better person today than he was over the past decade. The reality is that Jameis is who we thought he was.

If there was any sort of market for Jameis, he would have found it by now.

Yes, that is another great example. And it's also not helping Jameis' case that Brady took essentially the same Bucs team to a Super Bowl win. Proof that the QB and the leadership he provides are essential elements to winning.

It's sadly humorous to watch Jameis trying to fellate Drew Brees while simultaneously acting all Super-Jesus-y to try to convince everyone that he is a much better person today than he was over the past decade. The reality is that Jameis is who we thought he was.

If there was any sort of market for Jameis, he would have found it by now.
Ehh I'm buying up all the Jameis stock. Literally in my case with my fantasy football investments. Maturity issues are different from psychopathologies. Jameis has had his share of incidents but they all stem from immaturity, drunkenness or goofiness. He's still a goofy guy and that's a factor in his departure from Tampa where the locker room needed a new strong voice, but he's matured since he gave up booze and the Saints locker room loves him. Imagine the 1st team defense seeing Brees' noodle arm limit their ceiling for years and then Jameis comes in on the scout team and hits all the vertical throws they forgot even existed in Payton's offense. They already have a strong culture so he can get away with being the quirky fun guy.

You're definitely right about the lack of market. He admitted there were only 2 or 3 teams that even inquired and I'm not sure they even gave firm offers. I forgot the exact details but it was something in that range. Again there's a reason teams are willing to pay Chase Daniel or Nick Foles or Andy Dalton or Teddy Bridgewater but not Jameis, and it isn't talent or the lulz 30 INTs punchline.

If we are discussing logic (forwards or backwards), let's please avoid the construction of straw men. Nowhere in my two sentence post did I claim solicitation was "likely". I merely implied it was a possibility, without attributing any probability to that one possibility. The circumstance of nearly two dozen women all being represented by one attorney in a case involving allegations of sexual misconduct against one defendant is, in an of itself, suspicious to some degree. And Buzbee, himself, is an "interesting" (some might say suspicious) character, to say the least. From his political machinations, to his battles over the parameters attorney advertisement, to his litigation of the cases on Instagram and social media...

Your bringing up Occam's Razor is interesting, too. My recollection from PHI 110 is that the theory, in a nutshell, is that one need not stack possibilities to arrive at a conclusion when the simplest result is typically the correct one. But, you ask us to infer that because these women are in the same profession and many of them are in a proximate geographic area (with well over 2 million other people), they spoke to each other with any frequency. Not only did they speak to each other, they confided in one another about these allegedly horrific and traumatic sexual assaults. And in speaking to each other about these purportedly horrific and traumatizing sexual assaults, they each learned Watson was the culprit in the other's assault. And at that point they learned, presumably from the first to be represented by Buzbee, that one attorney was preparing a civil suit. And from there, one or more of them was inclined to recommend Buzbee, such that they all eventually ended up represented by him.

That's certainly a possibility, I'm not certain it's the simplest one. Alternatively, a well-funded attorney with political ambition (and political allies) who knows the chances of actually getting brought up on a bar complaint for a targeted solicitation is pretty low, contacted (or had some one else contact on his behalf) some of these women. Then, sure, it snowballs and every press conference, Instagram post, Tweet, and article circulating on Facebook essentially becomes an advertisement for more prospective clients to contact the attorney (which is fair game). Impossible to say one way or the other with any certainty, of course.

As far as whether he "may not be everyone's favorite ideal" of how an attorney should comport themselves, I think that understates it a tad. He announced these lawsuits on Instagram. In the not so distant past, he ran for mayor (and lost). Then there's this commentary from a recent interview he apparently gave a reporter over at the Washington Post:

“Most people know that if I’m involved, they probably want to resolve the case,” Buzbee said. “I said: ‘Let me tell you how this is going to go down: I’m going to file the case. The press is going to pick it up. It’s going to be a circus.... He’s going to have to hire Rusty Hardin.’ And here we are,” Buzbee said. “This guy was so clueless about how things work.”

Definitively not my favorite ideal.
People must hate talking to you at ****tail parties.

Advertisement
Ehh I'm buying up all the Jameis stock. Literally in my case with my fantasy football investments. Maturity issues are different from psychopathologies. Jameis has had his share of incidents but they all stem from immaturity, drunkenness or goofiness. He's still a goofy guy and that's a factor in his departure from Tampa where the locker room needed a new strong voice, but he's matured since he gave up booze and the Saints locker room loves him. Imagine the 1st team defense seeing Brees' noodle arm limit their ceiling for years and then Jameis comes in on the scout team and hits all the vertical throws they forgot even existed in Payton's offense. They already have a strong culture so he can get away with being the quirky fun guy.

You're definitely right about the lack of market. He admitted there were only 2 or 3 teams that even inquired and I'm not sure they even gave firm offers. I forgot the exact details but it was something in that range. Again there's a reason teams are willing to pay Chase Daniel or Nick Foles or Andy Dalton or Teddy Bridgewater but not Jameis, and it isn't talent or the lulz 30 INTs punchline.

I'm not going to argue, I can certainly understand why someone might "buy up all the Jameis stock". I'm simply going to state my case, and then let the future work itself out. I love ya to death, but I think very little of Jameis and his ongoing failure to reach his potential.

Let's not forget, Jameis was signed by N.O. to be the backup, and when Brees went down, they gave the job to Taysom Hill. And even now, it's going to be a QB competition. So when, exactly, did this miraculous "giving up booze" event occur, the one that changed him and made him so much better? Last month?

As for "the locker room loves him", yeah, so did the Bucs. They looooved his "eating Ws" schtick. Until they didn't, and the Bucs signed an adult to play QB.

And, sorry, I don't buy the whole "he's matured since he gave up booze". He drank heavily for the better part of a decade, which take a physical toll. He may still have a strong arm, but his brain is only worth 5 cents. I'm not one to allow "immaturity" and "drunkenness" to be excuses for SO MANY mistakes over SO MANY years. His defective brain still made all those decisions to NOT change after so many close calls that could have cost him his collegiate and/or NFL career. I've heard Jameis' "I'm gonna change, coach" speech way too many times.

Sorry, but Brees' "noodle arm" won the division 4 times in a row and took them to within 10 points of the eventual Super Bowl winner. Tom Brady's old-a$$ body took the Bucs all the way. A strong arm doesn't overcome all the other limitations of Winston's alcohol-soaked brain and bloated-for-too-long body.

I'm not buying. I can understand that some people see the potential, and we can have an interesting conversation in a year or two.

I trust the judgement of the people in the business. If no other teams want Jameis, and his own team isn't ready to start him, then I don't really care if the locker room loves him. Just my opinion, though.

I'm not going to argue, I can certainly understand why someone might "buy up all the Jameis stock". I'm simply going to state my case, and then let the future work itself out. I love ya to death, but I think very little of Jameis and his ongoing failure to reach his potential.

Let's not forget, Jameis was signed by N.O. to be the backup, and when Brees went down, they gave the job to Taysom Hill. And even now, it's going to be a QB competition. So when, exactly, did this miraculous "giving up booze" event occur, the one that changed him and made him so much better? Last month?

As for "the locker room loves him", yeah, so did the Bucs. They looooved his "eating Ws" schtick. Until they didn't, and the Bucs signed an adult to play QB.

And, sorry, I don't buy the whole "he's matured since he gave up booze". He drank heavily for the better part of a decade, which take a physical toll. He may still have a strong arm, but his brain is only worth 5 cents. I'm not one to allow "immaturity" and "drunkenness" to be excuses for SO MANY mistakes over SO MANY years. His defective brain still made all those decisions to NOT change after so many close calls that could have cost him his collegiate and/or NFL career. I've heard Jameis' "I'm gonna change, coach" speech way too many times.

Sorry, but Brees' "noodle arm" won the division 4 times in a row and took them to within 10 points of the eventual Super Bowl winner. Tom Brady's old-a$$ body took the Bucs all the way. A strong arm doesn't overcome all the other limitations of Winston's alcohol-soaked brain and bloated-for-too-long body.

I'm not buying. I can understand that some people see the potential, and we can have an interesting conversation in a year or two.

I trust the judgement of the people in the business. If no other teams want Jameis, and his own team isn't ready to start him, then I don't really care if the locker room loves him. Just my opinion, though.

Taysom was promised the starting job if Brees went down before they even signed Jameis. Unlike you I follow the team closely and listen to interviews with Sean Payton so I know what went on behind the scenes.

He gave up booze in early 2016 after the Uber incident. He's always been a guy who shows up at 5AM to gameplan and study film. His work ethic has never been in question.

The Bucs locker room did not love the eating Ws moment. The defense didn't have confidence in him to lead them to the playoffs, because he hadn't. New Orleans is a clean slate and he's fit in well.

Saints are 8-3 without Brees over a decade span. They win with Taysom Hill, Chase Daniel, Teddy Bridgewater, whoever. They're a well-run organization with an elite OLine, defense, Alvin Kamara and the best OC in football. Brees was awful last year - did you not watch the Bucs playoff game? It stands to reason that defenses won't be able to play press 2man and eat their lunch when they have a QB who can throw beyond 12 yards and extend plays with his legs.

Speaking of which Jameis lost a lot of weight since he left the Bucs where dinosaur Arians made him gain weight. He's slim, his eyes are fixed, he's healed the injuries - including a throwing thumb - that cost him accuracy late in 2019. Sean Payton said Jameis was screwed over by Dirk Koetter, I say he was screwed over by Koetter and Arians, and Jameis has been taught by Payton and Brees that taking the underneath throw is good quarterbacking. That's legitimately a novel idea to Jameis because of how he was coached prior. It's a lot easier to scale back an aggressive thrower than turn an Alex Smith into a Pat Mahomes.

I trust the judgment of the best offensive coach in football, and myself.

Advertisement
Back