Washington loss

407cane

All-ACC
Might have been huge for Miami last night

Unfortunately the CFP era requires hoping for others to win/lose

The more one loss teams that lose the better for us to get in

Remaining 1 loss teams:

Notre Dame (obviously we want to win but with Washington loss we see now still in CFP chase if we lost a close one

Clemson: ACC title game. Most likely need to win this one to get in, going to be huge game December 2nd

Oklahoma: plays TCU.. in a perfect world Oklahoma beats TCU then west Virginia beats Oklahoma but is unlikely

TCU: plays Oklahoma. Tcu beating Oklahoma would be best unless Oklahoma went on to lose again, we with one loss as acc champ would get in over TCU most likely

Going to be a crazy two weeks

Crazy that we play two of the one loss teams. so head to head can kill us or help dramatically

Advertisement
You forgot to mention Auburn vs. Georgia. Auburn at home could pull of the upset. Wouldn't be that big of a surprise.

Throw in Auburn possibly beating Georgia and or Bama. I'm with you. We should be hoping everyone with one loss loses again. Honestly, a one loss Cane team would need a ton of help, even though we'd have a win over Clemson or ND. We were the last to the playoff party, and we'd be the first one to leave.

Best thing to do is simply keep winning, and not worry about the rest.

One more thing... IF Auburn would to somehow beat Georgia AND Alabama, they would certainly jump a one loss Miami team. Best case scenario is Georgia losing to Auburn and Alabama winning out, giving Georgia two late season losses. One SEC team will make it in, and the more teams they can knock out of contention, the better.

Advertisement
I think OU wins today against TCU in a close one but would not be surprised to see TCU beat them in Arlington in the rematch.

Throw in Auburn possibly beating Georgia and or Bama. I'm with you. We should be hoping everyone with one loss loses again. Honestly, a one loss Cane team would need a ton of help, even though we'd have a win over Clemson or ND. We were the last to the playoff party, and we'd be the first one to leave.

Best thing to do is simply keep winning, and not worry about the rest.

One more thing... IF Auburn would to somehow beat Georgia AND Alabama, they would certainly jump a one loss Miami team. Best case scenario is Georgia losing to Auburn and Alabama winning out, giving Georgia two late season losses. One SEC team will make it in, and the more teams they can knock out of contention, the better.
Yep

Perfect scenario

Bama wins out. 13-0 in

Miami wins out (if we lose has to be to someone not named Clemson) 11-1 acc champ in

UGA two losses to Auburn and bama

Oklahoma big 12 champ in

TCU two losses with loss to Oklahoma - out

Clemson 2 losses , loss to Miami in acc champ game - out

Would be
Bama
Miami
Oklahoma
Some random team
Maybe UGA with head to head over ND

If we win out, we're in.
Never get these type of ppl

obviously we win out and we're in

But if we lost a close team to the defending national champs for instance, y'all would be the first ones saying...

" How do we get in??"

We don't have the depth Clemson does, that's gonna be a battle not to mention tonight

Advertisement
If we win out, we're in.
Never get these type of ppl

obviously we win out and we're in

But if we lost a close team to the defending national champs for instance, y'all would be the first ones saying...

" How do we get in??"

We don't have the depth Clemson does, that's gonna be a battle not to mention tonight

Yep. I think our best bet is to monkey stomp ND. We'll need all the style points we can get. Stomping ND would eliminate them, and put us over every one loss team. IF our only loss was a close one to Clemson, they'd have a hard time keeping us out. So yeah, I am paying attention to all the one loss teams, hoping they all lose again.

Advertisement
Back