Was thinking of taking the family to the game tonight...

Deebo16

Redshirt Freshman
But why in the h*ll are these things going for no less than $100? We are playing FAU right?

Advertisement
People know there is a good possibility of a close game, if not an upset. Golden on the sidelines almost insures that.

Advertisement
Since I did NOT renew my season tickets this year, I decided to attend this game for $50 a ticket. I figured it isn't helping Golden and I get to see the Canes in a college football stadium. Should be a good atmosphere.

It's the same concept that the school doesn't understand when it comes to building a smaller stadium. If we have a capacity of 45K, then the tickets have more of a premium attached to them. Instead of scouring StubHub for $4 tickets in Sun Life, people will be more inclined to buy season tickets to make sure they can get them.

It's the same concept that the school doesn't understand when it comes to building a smaller stadium. If we have a capacity of 45K, then the tickets have more of a premium attached to them. Instead of scouring StubHub for $4 tickets in Sun Life, people will be more inclined to buy season tickets to make sure they can get them.

Common sense isn't so common at the University of Miami.

Advertisement

You mean the same season tickets I bought at FAU for $60 .... for the whole **** season? Ticket brokers are the one's making the money not the school.

You mean the same season tickets I bought at FAU for $60 .... for the whole **** season? Ticket brokers are the one's making the money not the school.

Congrats on missing the point. You'll fit right in around here.

No one said that the University would make money off of it. Having a smaller capacity creates an urgency due to the perceived lack of supply. If we're playing FSU and and other big name opponent at home, and there are 35,000 season tickets available, those things will sell out because people know they can't just wait for thousands of extra tickets on Stub Hub.

Here's the proof: if this game is a few miles south in Sun Life, is it sold out with warnings of traffic problems and all kinds of buzz around South Florida?

Why did you buy FAU season tickets? Why not just wait and buy one for $10 on Stub Hub? Oh, because demand greatly outweighs supply. You're welcome for the lesson.
Now back to your hole.

Congrats on missing the point. You'll fit right in around here.

No one said that the University would make money off of it. Having a smaller capacity creates an urgency due to the perceived lack of supply. If we're playing FSU and and other big name opponent at home, and there are 35,000 season tickets available, those things will sell out because people know they can't just wait for thousands of extra tickets on Stub Hub.

Here's the proof: if this game is a few miles south in Sun Life, is it sold out with warnings of traffic problems and all kinds of buzz around South Florida?

Why did you buy FAU season tickets? Why not just wait and buy one for $10 on Stub Hub? Oh, because demand greatly outweighs supply. You're welcome for the lesson.
Now back to your hole.

UM sells more than 35,000 season tickets every year on top of the single game and multi-game package sales that include the bigger games bringing the total to 50k+ for bigger games and 65k+ for FSU.

I have had season tickets for 20 years since graduating and season ticket sales and average attendance have never been close to 35,000 so the SCHOOL WOULD LOSE REVENUE. I purchased the the FAU season tickets for $60 b/c the single game tickets were being sold by FAU for $45 for just this one game.

You're an angry little **** that based upon your limited grasp of business economics I going to assume you're 25 years old.

UM sells more than 35,000 season tickets every year on top of the single game and multi-game package sales that include the bigger games bringing the total to 50k+ for bigger games and 65k+ for FSU.

I have had season tickets for 20 years since graduating and season ticket sales and average attendance have never been close to 35,000 so the SCHOOL WOULD LOSE REVENUE. I purchased the the FAU season tickets for $60 b/c the single game tickets were being sold by FAU for $45 for just this one game.

You're an angry little **** that based upon your limited grasp of business economics I going to assume you're 25 years old.

LMAO. Owned and can't handle it. Shocking.

Of those season tickets that we already sell, THOUSANDS are at bottom line prices. Cheap *** family plans and upper deck end zone seats. With a smaller capacity, EVERY season ticket commands a premium.

You're seriously arguing that having 70,000 seats for sale is the same as having 35,000 seats for sale. God, help this board.

Advertisement

Of those season tickets that we already sell, THOUSANDS are at bottom line prices. Cheap *** family plans and upper deck end zone seats. With a smaller capacity, EVERY season ticket commands a premium.

You're seriously arguing that having 70,000 seats for sale is the same as having 35,000 seats for sale. God, help this board.

Not even close to being owned there little buddy. You made my point for me.

SLS accommodates 65K max now with the new capacity which exactly fits what we need for bigger games and allows UM to sell 35k+ season tickets plus lots of extra tickets for the bigger games.

I guess I was right on about you being 25 years old with no business acumen whatsoever. Do you live at home with mommy and daddy too or are you so successful you have you're own two bedroom apartment with a roommate and drive a fancy BMW 1 series?

I'm off to watch the game so I won't have any more time to reply back and forth with you about your lack of understanding of real world business.

Last edited:

Not even close to being owned there little buddy. You made my point for me.

SLS accommodates 65K max now with the new capacity which exactly fits what we need for bigger games and allows UM to sell 35k+ season tickets plus lots of extra tickets for the bigger games.

I guess I was right on about you being 25 years old with no business acumen whatsoever. Do you live at home with mommy and daddy too or are you so successful you have you're own two bedroom apartment with a roommate and drive a fancy BMW 1 series?

I'm off to watch the game so I won't have any more time to reply back and forth with you about your lack of understanding of real world business.

Awesome...no content, but a lot of lame insults that went out of style around 2008.

Dude is really arguing that the dynamics of selling tickets in Sun Life would be the same as selling tickets in a local, 45K seat stadium. And while he's making that argument, he has failed to tell me what tonight's game would be like if it were to be played in Sun Life instead of at FAU.

Advertisement
*** vir is obvi a ticket office low level employee making $10 an hour and is here to troll...bye

That is so clever I really have no comeback. **** you got me.

An update on the game tonight was that the atmosphere was trash, traffic and parking were awful, another f'n lightning delay, and the team played like crap.

Advertisement
Back