Walter Tucker wins track Nat'l Championship

I like how all of the negative posters are ignoring the little point of the weights of the starting 2 deep LB unit. The only one under 230lbs is Tyrone Cornileus who Swasey has tried his best for years to put weight on. So facts don't lie about the direction AG wants to go in terms of size of LB's.

#36 Alex Figueroa | 6-3, 231, FR
#17 Tyriq McCord | 6-3, 236, SO
#52 Denzel Perryman | 6-0, 236, JR
#31 Tyrone Cornileus | 6-2, 215, SR
#56 Raphael Kirby | 6-0, 230, SO
#59 James Gaines | 6-3, 235, SR

But lets finally bring this thread back to the Original Purpose congratulating Tucker on winning his championship with a smoking time, and welcoming his added abilities to UM whether it be on Offense or Special Teams/anywhere on the field.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
I like how all of the negative posters are ignoring the little point of the weights of the starting 2 deep LB unit. The only one under 230lbs is Tyrone Cornileus who Swasey has tried his best for years to put weight on. So facts don't lie about the direction AG wants to go in terms of size of LB's.

#36 Alex Figueroa | 6-3, 231, FR
#17 Tyriq McCord | 6-3, 236, SO
#52 Denzel Perryman | 6-0, 236, JR
#31 Tyrone Cornileus | 6-2, 215, SR
#56 Raphael Kirby | 6-0, 230, SO
#59 James Gaines | 6-3, 235, SR

But lets finally bring this thread back to the Original Purpose congratulating Tucker on winning his championship with a smoking time, and welcoming his added abilities to UM whether it be on Offense or Special Teams/anywhere on the field.

Go Canes!

Paranoid,

Those are their weights NOW, not when they came into the program. Walker, like Gaines or Kirby, will put on weight.

Before UM, most kids are not on proper diets and are not training under a College S&C program. So...6'0 200 today could be 6'0 210 Freshman year, 6'0 215 Rd-Freshman and 6'0 220 sophomore year and so on. Also, a player at 6'0 at 220 is not the same as 6'3 220.

Go Canes!

I'd love to be able to do that. But he didn't.

Well I think Al Golden is prefers big 240lbs Linebackers that can run A La Eddie Johnson, Gionnia Paul, Alex ferguson, and 2014 Juwan Young. I was a huge fan of Josh Witt its a shame he got hurt, he would have been UM's fastest LB and he was 210lbs. But then you look at Raphel Kirby, Gabe Terry, and Jawuan Blue they all came enter the U at about 200lbs an all pushing 240lbs now and can run. Putting 25lbs on Tucker would be detrimental to his track career. Currently UM's projected 2 Deep LB rotation are all 230lbs or above and growing so you be the judge of what AG is putting on the field in terms of the size he wants for his LB's.

Go Canes!

Gabe Terry isn't near 240. Good grief.

Gabe Terry isn't on the team anymore either.

The best teams seem to have bigger linebackers. Why is that?

Blue is 225 and Kirby is 230. Pushing 240? Da ****?

Also, Blue's rivals page listed him at 215, and Kirby's at 208. Where the **** do you get your numbers from?

Oh, and Alex Ferguson? At least get the **** name right.

LUL wut? You're quoting the wrong **** person, Einstein. I never mentioned Blue, Kirby, or everyone's favorite linebacker... Alex mother-****ing Ferguson.

I love this kid, Ferguson.

Also, Blue's rivals page listed him at 215, and Kirby's at 208. Where the **** do you get your numbers from?

LUL wut? You're quoting the wrong **** person, Einstein. I never mentioned Blue, Kirby, or everyone's favorite linebacker... Alex mother-****ing Ferguson.

I love this kid, Ferguson.

**** Ferguson?

Advertisement
Well I think Al Golden is prefers big 240lbs Linebackers that can run A La Eddie Johnson, Gionnia Paul, Alex ferguson, and 2014 Juwan Young. I was a huge fan of Josh Witt its a shame he got hurt, he would have been UM's fastest LB and he was 210lbs. But then you look at Raphel Kirby, Gabe Terry, and Jawuan Blue they all came enter the U at about 200lbs an all pushing 240lbs now and can run. Putting 25lbs on Tucker would be detrimental to his track career. Currently UM's projected 2 Deep LB rotation are all 230lbs or above and growing so you be the judge of what AG is putting on the field in terms of the size he wants for his LB's.

Go Canes!

LUL wut? You're quoting the wrong **** person, Einstein. I never mentioned Blue, Kirby, or everyone's favorite linebacker... Alex mother-******* Ferguson.

My bad. Clicked the wrong post to quote by mistake. And Paranos was the one who called Figueroa Alex Ferguson. I was calling him out on that.

Advertisement
Back