Walter Cronkite

I never thought there would come a day when I was disinterested in college football. I have lots of fond memories, but those are contaminated by 15+ years of clinical depressing disappointments. This thing for The U has been diagnosed as long term mental and severe alcohol abuse. I have to remove myself or end up on the street yelling at motorist from beneath the interstate over pass and asking for money.

For those old enough to remember Old Walter Cronkite's sign off...........I have enjoyed the "insights" of those in the know and those not. I will miss the laughs the many posters may have intentionally or not given me. More than anything I have enjoyed sharing my intellectual insights, professional opinions and unmatched analysis. Now, somebody will have to step us and check the racist, political quacks and utter idiots littering this site :). GOOD LUCK with that.

"And that's the way it was" Today- September 19, 2021 this is Billy D. Williams, fka Gatar Hatar, finally recognizing when it's time to throw in the towel. Signing off for the last time. Good luck at having a good day.

Advertisement
I never thought there would come a day when I was disinterested in college football. I have lots of fond memories, but those are contaminated by 15+ years of clinical depressing disappointments. This thing for The U has been diagnosed as long term mental and severe alcohol abuse. I have to remove myself or end up on the street yelling at motorist from beneath the interstate over pass and asking for money.

For those old enough to remember Old Walter Cronkite's sign off...........I have enjoyed the "insights" of those in the know and those not. I will miss the laughs the many posters may have intentionally or not given me. More than anything I have enjoyed sharing my intellectual insights, professional opinions and unmatched analysis. Now, somebody will have to step us and check the racist, political quacks and utter idiots littering this site :). GOOD LUCK with that.

"And that's the way it was" Today- September 19, 2021 this is Billy D. Williams, fka Gatar Hatar, finally recognizing when it's time to throw in the towel. Signing off for the last time. Good luck at having a goof day.

so no more hire winston moss hot takes... this loss is already reaping benefits.

I'm definitely a bigger fan of college football than I am of Miami at this point. I enjoyed watching games at 3:30 and at night despite Miami not being any good, but I grew up loving CFB and not just the Canes so that may explain it.

Huge kudos on Cronkite reference.

However...

3KVcCFmm4vemxPcoAq.gif

Advertisement

"And that's the way it was" Today- September 19, 2021 this is Billy D. Williams, fka Gatar Hatar, finally recognizing when it's time to throw in the towel. Signing off for the last time. Good luck at having a good day.
I was a season ticket holder since 2006 and this is the first year I did not renew my tickets, tired of the same lack of discipline, same crappy offensive line and **** poor coaching. Completely given up on football and now go fishing or some other activity.

Farewell, old chum!
I wish I had your courage

I’m sure you be able use your race card everywhere,,like Diners Club.

You'll be back.

Addiction changes the brain.

Think about all the joy you're gonna miss just reading what quacks and morons actually believe.

You'll miss spurting coffee, milk or water outtakes your nose from lmao over what some idiot actually said. Or laughing so hard your sides hurt

For me, that's worth the painful side effects

Buck up Billy

Advertisement

Outstanding reference; it reminds me of watching this particular broadcast as a kid while several of my neighbors, including the guy who taught me how to play baseball, were in Vietnam. It sounds like the state of desperation "The U" finds itself in, right now:

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back