Vishnu's Season Preview

Advertisement
Thomson
Eight wins, no division title, no conference championship game, and Al Golden speaking plenty on how proud he was of this young team to overcome everything. Vishnu writes 4353985 words on the easily identifiable mistakes of the coaching staff, and the double speak out of the man in charge. The administration is on board with Golden returning in 2016, until he takes the Illinois (or some other opening) job, leading the Board of Trustees scrambling for a possible replacement despite the fact that they should have been looking at potential head coaches for the past 18 months. Ultimately, they hire Mario Cristobal, dividing the fan base from the jump, once again.

Parasuraman

Ah, crap. I haven’t been less excited for a Canes’ season in, well, forever. The Canes look like your typical ACC Coastal team, which means they are capable of winning it or finishing in last place. But no matter where they finish, there will be at least one hopeful win, and one catastrophic loss. Even when GT won the ACC last year, they somehow managed to lose consecutive games to Duke (at home) and UNC, before recovering to win the Coastal. The Canes lack of resiliency the past few years (collapsing when punched down the stretch) would make that a remote possibility. My expected wins came out to roughly 6 wins, but I’ll round it up to a robust 7-5, followed by an inundation of excuses, manipulative statistics, and #SWAG16 hashtags while the administration pretends like nothing is wrong as they explain why Al Golden is in fact the greatest coach in the history of Western Civilization. Oh boy.

Both of these guys. Nail on head.

Advertisement
Back