Victory formation

CanesFan448

Recruit
Premium
A lot of things have to go the right way for us to make the ACCCG, starting with ND losing tomorrow. And at this rate it seems unlikely that we will win out. But, with the scenario that ND loses to Clemson and we both finish with 1 loss, the ACCCG birth will come down to a computer algorithm. The company that would provide the rating has said that it is proprietary so there's no way to know the factors that it will find favorable. With that unknown, would you not try to put up as many points as possible without sacrificing the outcome of the game? I don't blame King for going down on that last run but think in those situations we should still be trying to run the ball in or kick the fg to increase margin of victory.

Advertisement
A lot of things have to go the right way for us to make the ACCCG, starting with ND losing tomorrow. And at this rate it seems unlikely that we will win out. But, with the scenario that ND loses to Clemson and we both finish with 1 loss, the ACCCG birth will come down to a computer algorithm. The company that would provide the rating has said that it is proprietary so there's no way to know the factors that it will find favorable. With that unknown, would you not try to put up as many points as possible without sacrificing the outcome of the game? I don't blame King for going down on that last run but think in those situations we should still be trying to run the ball in or kick the fg to increase margin of victory.
With the way we struggle with the victory formation, I agree!
TO Miami with clock running in first down.

Totally agree with you. Said the same thing after that int.

Would have pushed on the spread too!

Advertisement

Absolutely, positively not. An absurd post. If you watched the game, you could clearly see Lashlee telling King that if he got the first down, to go down. That’s a smart coach telling his kids to make a smart play. We have no idea what tiebreakers would be, and even further, tiebreakers don’t matter if you lose. Haven’t you learned your lesson from the Falcons and Penn State the last 2 weeks? Just win the football game.

Advertisement
We needed to just win that one. Our history over last decade or so Is we try to do what you say and throw a pick 6! I’m just happy with making that Qb look like drew brees we still got the win.

It does not factor into the algorithm...at all.

Although in theory I do agree with the OP's post, I understand why the staff went into Victory formation. There's always the chance of a stripped ball coming out and giving NC State one more shot.

Advertisement
Absolutely, positively not. An absurd post. If you watched the game, you could clearly see Lashlee telling King that if he got the first down, to go down. That’s a smart coach telling his kids to make a smart play. We have no idea what tiebreakers would be, and even further, tiebreakers don’t matter if you lose. Haven’t you learned your lesson from the Falcons and Penn State the last 2 weeks? Just win the football game.
The sign of a good coach. James Franklin, 2 weekends ago against Indiana, wasn’t as smart. And it cost Penn State the game.

Advertisement
Back