Vanilla

shayleon

Sophomore
I keep hearing or reading that Golden is keeping it real vanilla with the offense because he wants to throw the book at the good teams, but why would somebody on the hot seat do that. You would think somebody in his position wouldnt overlook anybody and would give everything every game, which makes me wonder if hes actually keeping it vanilla or if this conservative stuff is just what he plans on using all season unless fired midway.

Advertisement
we should of scored easier even playing vanilla. we looked sloppy,, confused, and uninterested at times. way too many times did i see guys quit on blocks and our route running was atrocious. no wonder they didn't allow the media into practices.

Keeping it vanilla is an excuse that teams use when they are underperforming. Sure, a good team might not break out their best plays when playing a vastly inferior opponent, but you also don't "keep it vanilla" when you are running neck and neck with a bad team at halftime.

Who says its vanilla? This is the offense under golden and coley. They run the same plays ain't nothing change or will change

Keeping it vanilla is an excuse that teams use when they are underperforming. Sure, a good team might not break out their best plays when playing a vastly inferior opponent, but you also don't "keep it vanilla" when you are running neck and neck with a bad team at halftime.
Exactly

Advertisement
Thought I saw the same plays running over and over again...Big trouble is it was vanilla calling instead of opening up the book...

Sorry - I dont buy it. There are very few (if any) break away players on O.
- Besides if you really want to soften up Nebraska for the run game, you show the deep pass
- We didnt show the deep passs bc we dont have it

Advertisement
That's BS. I was at the game last night and Coley ran his offense. Now, someone could argue that perhaps some plays were left out due to Coley and Berrios not playing, but I'm not buying it...

Advertisement
Back