Off-Topic USS Arizona

Empirical Cane

We are what we repeatedly do.
If you've never been, I would encourage you to stop by the USS Arizona Memorial in Pearl Harbor.

When you step off the skiff and onto the Memorial, it just feels different knowing who lies entombed below you in Arizona's superstructure. I am not ashamed to admit the first time I stepped foot on those steel plates, I had to measure and collect my thoughts.

Oil still drips up to the surface from her hull to this day.

Screenshot_20230313_162151_LinkedIn.png

Advertisement
Passed Feb 24, 2023. RIP

Holder went on to defend the United States in the Battle of Midway and flew missions over Guadalcanal and the Solomon Islands before being transferred to Devonshire, England where he joined the crew of a B-24 Liberator Bomber, completing missions along the French coast and the English Channel.

Passed Feb 24, 2023. RIP

Holder went on to defend the United States in the Battle of Midway and flew missions over Guadalcanal and the Solomon Islands before being transferred to Devonshire, England where he joined the crew of a B-24 Liberator Bomber, completing missions along the French coast and the English Channel.

He had a guardian angel, survived not only PH but Midway too?

If you've never been, I would encourage you to stop by the USS Arizona Memorial in Pearl Harbor.

When you step off the skiff and onto the Memorial, it just feels different knowing who lies entombed below you in Arizona's superstructure. I am not ashamed to admit the first time I stepped foot on those steel plates, I had to measure and collect my thoughts.

Oil still drips up to the surface from her hull to this day.

View attachment 232774
1678756738149.gif

Advertisement
haven't been but we are going this december, god willing. i have no shame admitting moments of weakness when i see the symbols of our great country and the sacrifices of our heroes. one night after meetings and dinner, i sat on the steps alone of the lincoln memorial. will never forget that feeling.

Last edited:
haven't been but we are going this december, god willing. i have no shame admitting moments of weakness when i see the symbols of our great country and the sacrifices of our heroes. one night after meetings and dinner, i sat on the steps alone of the lincoln memorial. will never forget that feeling.
That, and the Vietnam War Memorial Wall.

I was there in June of last year, eerie feeling looking down upon the Arizona, just surreal, and Might Mo standing guard over the soldiers who lost their lives during the attack and still entombed in the Arizona, her eternal protector. Going over to Ford island and going up into the tower is a must if you have time, the tour guide explained the waves of attacks perfectly and the views you see of where and what direction they came from was mind blowing. We didn’t do the air museum but you can walk around and see different helicopters and planes there and walking along the hangar you can still see the bullet holes from the attacks, like I said just a mind blowing experience. You’re left in awe about everything that happened there. God bless our soldiers.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back