Use the Banner for Carter Hucks!

Kirijax

Senior
While I understand why a lot of Canes fans want to fly a banner to get attention to get Golden fired, I still think that it's just not a good idea. I've read all of the arguments and all the going back and forth but after reading about DHucks son this week, I can't think of a better way to use than banner than to wish Carter a speedy recovery. Carter's story has brought a lot of Canes fans together this week and it's been by far the best thread in a while. It would be a thrill for Carter and his family to see Canes Fam united together to pray and support Carter during his upcoming treatment. It would also be a great way to bring the Canes together during a really crappy season. It's already Friday so I guess it's all ready to go but it sure would be nice to change this banner thing into something positive that all of the Canes fans can support and be proud of. Just my thoughts on this banner thing.

1241688852_airplane-with-banner-area.jpg

Advertisement
now that I would donate to

As would I... but they aren't mutually exclusive. You can support both.

Banner is not needed trust me everyone is well aware...the product of the D, the media bashing and tomorrow's probably puss poor attendance is enough.

Flying the banner is for those whom want to pound their chests and say , "I contributed to that "

Advertisement
Go ahead and buy him a banner kirjax if it's that important to you. Would be a nice move by you. More than one plane can fly.

now that I would donate to

As would I... but they aren't mutually exclusive. You can support both.

Banner is not needed trust me everyone is well aware...the product of the D, the media bashing and tomorrow's probably puss poor attendance is enough.

Flying the banner is for those whom want to pound their chests and say , "I contributed to that "

Everyone is not aware..... We need more media pressure in the form of public perception...

Advertisement
I want Golden gone as bad as anyone else, but our Man in Japan has come up with a brilliant idea! Look, every media person worth their salt (ok, maybe not Porter) KNOWS the banner is coming...Think of the ESPiN difference:

Original Plan: (42 minutes into the telecast) "...and some Miami Fans showed their displeasure with Al Golden by flying a "Fire Golden" banner over Sun Life Stadium 2 hours before The Hurricanes beat/lost to Cincinnati (Score)." (DONE)

Kirijax Plan: (ESPN Top Plays of the Day) "A surprise in Miami! All week it was rumored that a banner would fly over Sunlife Stadium demanding Al Golden be fired for a sub-par season; a banner flew but it was a get well wish for young Carter Hucks, who is undergoing treatment for a life threatning disease and has been with the team this past week. Miami beat/lost to Cincinnati (Score)(switch to anchors at desk talking POSITIVELY about the gesture)

Either way, you will get the anti-Golden message out, but the second way enhances the classiness of the fan base.

Again, Great Idea Kirijax, hopefully someone is listening!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back