Urban Meyer didn't get the Golden memo

Gransapo

Sophomore
Premium
But wait, you can't win with freshmen & sophomores!

...half of the Buckeyes' starters are sophomore or freshmen. You don't send 19-year-olds onto the field to play 22-year-olds in a sport as physical as football.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls14/story/_/id/12159716/ohio-state-buckeyes-win-playoff-championship-season-ahead-schedule

al-golden.jpg

Al Golden, weathering clouds since December 2010.

Advertisement
Lol funny Al a complete joke and failure its a **** shame man they we hire someone that is so clueless so sad man hopefully thier is a light somewhere at the end of this long *** tunnel lol

Not fair to compare golden to Meyer. Golden is a fat clown, Meyer is a football coach. Apples and oranges.

What Urban Meyer did was throw every excuse Golden has given out the window

- Winning with a Young Team
- Playing a Night game
-Winning with an inexperienced QB

Excuses? Urban has no time for Golden and his excuses:

"At a school like Ohio State…you should be able to rally back pretty quick," Meyer told reporters Tuesday. "Any time there's transition or issues you have to deal with, sometimes you get a little bit of a void in a recruiting class and it's amazing nowadays, (how it takes) one year.

"But we have a really a [sic] motto around here: There's no excuses from the coaches or players, and I don't want to hear about this, we don't have this, we don't have this, the previous staff—no, no, no. We are good, they are your players now and our players now and do the best you can with them."

Advertisement
No one told Coach Larranaga that he was not allowed to win an ACC title and 2 Tourney games while under "The Cloud."

"At a school like Ohio State…you should be able to rally back pretty quick," Meyer told reporters Tuesday. "Any time there's transition or issues you have to deal with, sometimes you get a little bit of a void in a recruiting class and it's amazing nowadays, (how it takes) one year.

"But we have a really a [sic] motto around here: There's no excuses from the coaches or players, and I don't want to hear about this, we don't have this, we don't have this, the previous staff—no, no, no. We are good, they are your players now and our players now and do the best you can with them."

I'm not sure from the context whether Meyer means "one bad year can mess up your whole roster," or "some idiots think any transition takes a year to recover." Either way, though, his response is all that matters: Who cares? Get to ******* work, and win.

I'm not sure from the context whether Meyer means "one bad year can mess up your whole roster," or "some idiots think any transition takes a year to recover." Either way, though, his response is all that matters: Who cares? Get to ****ing work, and win.

Translation: If you know WTF you are doing, IT SHOULD NOT TAKE LONG.

Advertisement
How was this Ohio State victory possible?

According to our many precognitive prognosticators Cardale Jones couldn't beat out the senior starter, OR his freshman backup therefore he can't play! We don't know if he could have even beat a gimpy starter because we don't know if Urban Meyer would have played with a gimpy senior starter instead of risking the season on a healthy backup. We don't know!?

I'd like to hear more from the "check with me" endorsers and those who harp on how bad third string QB's are when they don't know what they don't know.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back