Uptempo Offense

252cane

All-ACC
I'm watching peyton manning destroy the ravens with uptempo. I think uptempo along with the te's will kill uf. Those sec teams are used to running the ball and playing d. They are not used to covering te's either the sec uses their te for blocking. The uptempo gave uga all kinds of problems and it will to uf they won't to grind it out and burn clock. If morris and these wr/te get their **** together we can win this.

Last edited:
Advertisement
i would definitely like to see it utilized at some point not necessarily the entire game though. on a side note, orlando franklin has really turned in to a solid NFL starting tackle he's held an elite pass rusher in dumervil in check pretty much the whole night

Love uptempo when its efficient and it works.

But when it doesn't...

Boy boy boy...its ugly. Defense is right back on the field.

Advertisement
Uhh A&M had over 300 yards of offense against them and only lost by a field goal. I really don't think that can be considered shutting a team down.
Eh... I'd attack UF's LBs no doubt but I think they're used to uptempo- they shut down A&M.

That was also Manziel's first game ever...

I'm down for an uptempo offense tomorrow. Try to get that UF DL dog**** tired.

Advertisement
It's real ***** for DC's. You're tryin' to get your calls in and the offense is already lined up and ready to run another play. Not only that, but you can't make any personnel changes, while the offense basically has all the personnel they need for 1st, 2nd and 3rd down.

What would REALLY be a ***** is if you had a TE that who was a great athlete and could basically double as a slot WR. One down you're in 21 personnel and the next down you're in 10personnel, meanwhile the defense is stuck in their 1st down personnel. If you're the defense, what do you do? You either drop down a Safety to cover that slot (TE) and play single-high coverage or you bump a LB out and have him cover that big, athletic SOB in space. On top of that, you can motion Duke out of the backfield and into the other slot position and now HE is being covered by a LB too. (and that LB got no chance!)

Toldeo had most of their success driving the ball with quick passes and uptempo offense. I think we mix it in a good bit but we don't want to get the defense too tired if it isn't successful early in a noon Miami game.

Toldeo had most of their success driving the ball with quick passes and uptempo offense. I think we mix it in a good bit but we don't want to get the defense too tired if it isn't successful early in a noon Miami game.

Yup they gained chunks with the quick passes. I wonder if that's why Coley practiced those all game against FAU. Hmmm

i honestly think miami's best bet would be to try to get your oline in a groove early and play downhill.

uf's defense is built to defend the spread stuff, we played nickel about 80% of the time last year with about 6 db's rotating heavily and likewise on the d-line. even a guy like easley up front is about 280 and is used to penetrate and caused havoc. we're susceptible to being bullied up front and miami's line has the size to take advantage if they decide to attack that way.

Advertisement
Love uptempo when its efficient and it works.

But when it doesn't...

Boy boy boy...its ugly. Defense is right back on the field.

This right here. And judging from the weather outside today Cotdam, I dont care how conditioned you are this humidity and heat is siiiick

I want the gators faking injuries on every drive trying to buy time, I want them to burn timeouts and then just telling the players to dive on the floor blatantly because they feel like they are going to melt. I havent really seen us run it at that pace but if we can execute at a high level while also running hurryup I say do it, do it.

If we are just going to get to the line and run the same play over where we only get two yards as we trip over ourselves. Dont even bother.

Advertisement
Back