Updated IC/scholarship numbers (as of May 26, 2022)

Advertisement

6 over right now. Potentially 3 more. 6-9 total.

* Those 2 PWOs are going back on financial aid.
* 1 Medical retirement in Brooks or is he able to recover?
* 3-7 either graduate and retire/declare early or transfer out by Sunday.

It's that last group that has me surprised they haven't made the move sooner. For sure Mario has told them they're not getting their scholarships renewed. They must be working their networks like crazy to land in the right spot before going public with their transfer.

Really tough to have to go through this at their age. But nearly all of us go through this at one point in our lives, usually multiple times. I just hope they all land well. Even the scrubs are good enough to play G5 or certainly FCS if they're willing to make the move. Pope went to Jacksonville. I'm certain the other kids can find a home if they're self aware.

6 over right now. Potentially 3 more. 6-9 total.

* Those 2 PWOs are going back on financial aid.
* 1 Medical retirement in Brooks or is he able to recover?
* 3-7 either graduate and retire/declare early or transfer out by Sunday.

It's that last group that has me surprised they haven't made the move sooner. For sure Mario has told them they're not getting their scholarships renewed. They must be working their networks like crazy to land in the right spot before going public with their transfer.

Really tough to have to go through this at their age. But nearly all of us go through this at one point in our lives, usually multiple times. I just hope they all land well. Even the scrubs are good enough to play G5 or certainly FCS if they're willing to make the move. Pope went to Jacksonville. I'm certain the other kids can find a home if they're self aware.
Your last point is key

Advertisement
Isn't there some kind of carryover rule having to do with early enrollies' schollies counting in last year's class?

That wouldn't affect the total existing scholly numbers. Looking for a way out. At least the said players are being told now and not mid summer or after preseason practice.

Advertisement
Updated as of the May 3rd Barry "Afternoon BJ" Jackson thread.

Strangely, Barry Jackson seems to have 2 fewer scholarship players than I do, so he must not be counting Ragone/James. Which I believe to be somewhat accurate, no matter how much CaneInMe cries and cries.

Updated as of the May 3rd Barry "Afternoon BJ" Jackson thread.

Strangely, Barry Jackson seems to have 2 fewer scholarship players than I do, so he must not be counting Ragone/James. Which I believe to be somewhat accurate, no matter how much CaneInMe cries and cries.

So what’s the number right now? And what’s the target number?

Advertisement
So what’s the number right now? And what’s the target number?

Wellll...

The "outside" number (remaining ICs) appears to be 5, notwithstanding the possibility of blueshirting someone in August and counting him against 2023.

IF you want to keep Ragone/James on scholarship, then we would need to cut 6 to sign 5.

IF we do not re-award scholarships to the walk-ons, then we need to cut 4 to sign 5.

And who knows if we even take 5? I'm just using that as our max number.

Wellll...

The "outside" number (remaining ICs) appears to be 5, notwithstanding the possibility of blueshirting someone in August and counting him against 2023.

IF you want to keep Ragone/James on scholarship, then we would need to cut 6 to sign 5.

IF we do not re-award scholarships to the walk-ons, then we need to cut 4 to sign 5.

And who knows if we even take 5? I'm just using that as our max number.

So we are almost right at the allowable number as things stand right now, and that will only change if we add more players from the portal, thereby necessitating an indetermine albeit small (between one and five) number of players to leave/go-off scholarship.

Am I understanding this correctly?

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF A WELL-DESIGNED SPREADSHEET.png

Advertisement
So we are almost right at the allowable number as things stand right now, and that will only change if we add more players from the portal, thereby necessitating an indetermine albeit small (between one and five) number of players to leave/go-off scholarship.

Am I understanding this correctly?

TOC’s spreadsheet shows 84 not counting the PWOs, 86 counting the PWOs. So we don’t need to cut anyone other than not renew one PWO if we don’t sign any more transfers.

I think the expectation is we still pick up a grad transfer or two, even a portal kid or two, in which case we need to make room essentially on a “one out for one in” basis.

I thought we were at 89/91 a couple days ago, not 84/86. I know Walker isn’t returning. But who else was dropped from the roster?

TOC’s spreadsheet shows 84 not counting the PWOs, 86 counting the PWOs. So we don’t need to cut anyone other than not renew one PWO if we don’t sign any more transfers.

I think the expectation is we still pick up a grad transfer or two, even a portal kid or two, in which case we need to make room essentially on a “one out for one in” basis.

I thought we were at 89/91 a couple days ago, not 84/86. I know Walker isn’t returning. But who else was dropped from the roster?

We're right at 85 by my count

25 newcomers in BOLD

QB Van Dyke, Garcia, Brown, Matocha
RB Knighton, Parrish, DC, Thad, Citizen
WR Restrepo, K.Smith, Ladson, Redding
WR George, Brinson, B.Smith, Horton
TE Will M, Arroyo, Skinner, Dom, Brantley
OL Nelson, Campbell, Sagapolu, Denis, Scaife, Rivers, Clark, Justice, Traore, Reed, McLaughlin, Seymore, Rodriguez, Washington, McCoy, Cooper

WDE Agude, Harvey, Chantz, Kelly, Davis
SDE Mesidor, Roberts, Ishmael, Moss
WDT Moultrie, Hunte, Jackson, Moten
SDT Lichtenstein, Taylor, Miller, Haye
WLB Steed, K.Smith, Bissainthe
MLB Johnson, Flagg, Brooks
SLB Frierson, Chase, Huff
NB Blades, Curtis, Harris
BC Stevenson, Dunson, Ivey, Graves
FC Porter, Clarke, Couch, Rogers
SS Avantae, Kinchens, Harrell
FS JW0, Balom, Washington, M.Williams

SP Hedley, Borregales, James

@rok, you kept Clay James on your list, but removed Ragone, which is why you're splitting the difference between TOC's 84 without PWOs and 85 with PWOs.

Advertisement
Back