Unique Opportunity

Fawk_U Haters

Junior
I'll start by saying, fully knowing i may get negged to oblivion, that I was a supporter of Golden until around the middle of 2014. My reasoning was that by that time there was enough of talent in place to be creative is how to use the talented pieces they had at their disposal. All they had to do was figure it out and use the pieces to their advantage. We all know how that went....Not well.

I see a similar scenario here with this staff. Due to players being dismissed our staff has a unique opportunity to use the talent they have at their disposal to make up for loses. I think we should expect for our staff to get to 9-10 wins and winning at least 1 of the 3 games most "experts" have us losing. We said it before, we have a real staff that is being paid to overcome such obstacles as the one that has been placed before them. I fully believe if our staff is worth anything they will take the next 5 weeks to figure it out. That is a lifetime and eternity in terms of practices and game time to figure out what to do on the defensive side of the ball before big boy play starts. We should expect our staff to overcome if they are what we believe they are....You feel me?

So with my little rant out of the way i'd like to know who the board would use some of the defensive pieces we have and in what role. My first and this one is easy is Jamal Crawford has the ability to make a **** ton of money as a Deone Buchanon clone. I actually think this would suit JC's skill set A LOT more than a traditional safety role TBH. I would get film on the Cardinals and figure out their base defense and what we could do there. Put JC at will attacking the box and covering TE's and Pickney out at SAM and figure it out, or vice versa, on the field against 3 lesser opponets then you get the bye week to assess the results. Jaquan can then play the traditional SS role and Rayshawn is still the over the top playing Center so to speak. Which again plays to his strength, not coming up and making the tackle in space. Jajuan is good at that and not the best in deep coverage. WIN WIN.

Also I think Willis & DJax can be productive as edge rushers and i would have Toolbox Trent repping Mike backer just in case. I thought he played a respectful Mike backer last year when we asked him too.

Curious to hear everyone else's thoughts.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back