UNC. vs. MIAMI. game 2

Advertisement
Canes have to win tomorrow to establish a national seed!!

Unfortunately, we blew any chance to establish anything. Now we're at the mercy of other teams. When there are six teams battling for the last two national seeds, you can't have a game where you just don't show up.

Dropped to 11th in RPI. Cannot lose today if we want any shot at even being considered for a national seed.

Its one thing to win at NC State or Clemson on the road, its another to win against a top 8 team on the road.

Advertisement
Its one thing to win at NC State or Clemson on the road, its another to win against a top 8 team on the road.

I guarantee you, there isn't a single national seed that wants MIAMIi coming to their place.

I don't disagree with that, however, we haven't taken a series on the road this year from a team currently ranked in the Top 40. So to be okay to go on the toad and expect to take one from a top 8 team isn't the ideal situation and we will be climbing an uphill battle.

I guarantee you, there isn't a single national seed that wants MIAMIi coming to their place.

I don't disagree with that, however, we haven't taken a series on the road this year from a team currently ranked in the Top 40. So to be okay to go on the toad and expect to take one from a top 8 team isn't the ideal situation and we will be climbing an uphill battle.

Only played 3 teams in top 40 RPI fella, two series at home. Great statistical analysis. Have gone on the road and swept 3 very tough teams - Duke, NC State and Clemson. OP is right on.

How do you know the other top seed in our bracket gets through their regional? Not all national seeds win their regional.

Advertisement

Yep, and quite another to get ripped a new ******* by a mediocre at best UNC squad after a huge comeback when.

Almost felt like a giveaway game that started at the top in order to save up for game 3, tho it largely just got away from Suarez in a horrendous way.

Truly would be stellar to somehow land a national seed, but more importantly, I want to see a win today and a strong ACC showing in preparation for the regional. Lets be honest with ourselves, there was a time this year where we were wondering if we could even luck into the tourney in the first place.

UM

Only played 3 teams in top 40 RPI fella, two series at home. Great statistical analysis. Have gone on the road and swept 3 very tough teams - Duke, NC State and Clemson. OP is right on.

Thank you for helping me prove my point even further. We haven't even played enough top competition the entire year, let alone on the road, yet we should feel like playing a top 8 seed on the road is not a problem. Lol.

Thanks for that logical explanation, fella.

Advertisement
Back