UM This all I need - OL,OL,QB,OL,OL

YUMU

Recruit
Three major NEEDS in path to playoff level team.

OL, QB and distant 3rd DC

1-OL - throw all our efforts, boosters, recruiting personnel, to acquire elite talent at this position. We have a good one in Justise, 2 great talent kids in 2020 and 2 more great ones in 2021. That is a solid but we need MORE, we need HULK level dudes..see ND, AL OL. Great OL improves every other O position and the defense.

2 - We have a great one and hope to get him for another year. Big hopes on TDV but still unknown. In Rhett we trust past 2020. Throw all our coins here too.

3 - DC.. this is easily fixable and there are many quick, easy choices. Willingness for that change is needed.

We need more at CB and LB. These two positions improves immediately with a change in #3. Although not elite at CB, we have good younglings and talent coming in. We can use a solid transfer at CB.

How far are we from the elite? See 1 through 3. Steps are being made to improve the OL but question remains on QB level once #1 has been fixed. OL next year will better but will King play with it? We will see about #3 at the end of the season.

Thoughts????

Advertisement
I would put a premium of having 4-5 DB’s that can excel in man to man. That opens up a lot of plays for any DC.

Also stop running cover 2 in the middle of the field when the ball is placed on a hashmark. I don’t know what Baker was thinking

I agree with the rest.

How much money do canes fans (not boosters) think this school has to pluck some elite DC from somewhere? The only other option is some up and comer who is as unproven as Baker which baffles me because venables has allowed only 18 less points this season than Baker to this point in the season. This isn’t a Baker defending post, I’m just curious why fans are so insufferable about this. 40 points to NC state isn’t excusable, but what’s the logical step forward outside of banners and crying on this forum every week?

Advertisement
I would put a premium of having 4-5 DB’s that can excel in man to man. That opens up a lot of plays for any DC.

Also stop running cover 2 in the middle of the field when the ball is placed on a hashmark. I don’t know what Baker was thinking

I agree with the rest.

I think we have eliteness back there with James, Kamren, Chase and Avante for the years to come. CB remains hollowed but #1 through #3 will get us there with current/incoming talent I believe.

How much money do canes fans (not boosters) think this school has to pluck some elite DC from somewhere? The only other option is some up and comer who is as unproven as Baker which baffles me because venables has allowed only 18 less points this season than Baker to this point in the season. This isn’t a Baker defending post, I’m just curious why fans are so insufferable about this. 40 points to NC state isn’t excusable, but what’s the logical step forward outside of banners and crying on this forum every week?

Baker replacement does not have to be expensive to improve our defense right away. There are great, cheap options out there.

Clemson, Venables took it easy, left team off the hook in late 3rd and 4th quarters after building huge leads.

Baker replacement does not have to be expensive to improve our defense right away. There are great, cheap options out there.

Clemson, Venables took it easy, left team off the hook in late 3rd and 4th quarters after building huge leads.
Oh... so Venables gets a pass and gets to let his foot off the gas with Championship efforts. Let’s hear your short list for D Coordinators that Miami can replace Baker with.

Advertisement
Back