UM Player Ratings - Madden 20'

sgonzalez12124

Recruit
Madden 20' ratings dropped today and I was curious to see what our former Canes were rated:

Calais Campbell JAX - 92
Greg Olsen CAR - 89
Brandon Linder JAX - 86
Lamar Miller HOU - 85
Jimmy Graham GB - 83
David Njoku CLE - 82
Olivier Vernon CLE - 82
Frank Gore BUF - 81 (blows my mind how a rb at his age is still an 80+. Legend)
Duke Johnson CLE - 80
Travis Benjamin LAC - 79
Matt Bosher ATL - 78
Phillip Dorsett NE - 77
Chris Herndon NYJ - 76
Allen Hurns DAL - 76
Gus Edwards BAL - 75 (yes, i know he transferred out)
Denzel Perryman LAC - 74
Adrian Colbert SF - 73
Pat O'Donnell CHI - 72
Artie Burns PIT - 71
Michael Badgley LAC - 71
Braxton Berrios NE - 69
Clive Walford MIA - 69
Anthony Chickillo PIT - 68
Olsen Pierre NYG - 68
Mark Walton MIA - 68
Ufomba Kamalu NE - 67
Quan Muhummad IND - 66
Chad Thomas CLE - 66
Ray Ray Armstrong CLE - 65
Corn Elder CAR - 65
Ereck Flowers WAS - 65
Rayshawn Jenkins LAC - 65
Jermaine Grace ATL - 64
Deon Bush CHI - 63
Seantrel Henderson HOU - 63
RJ Mcintosh NYG - 63
Danny Isidora MIN - 62
Kendrick Norton MIA - 62 (continue to keep him in your prayers)
Jon Feliciano BUF - 61

Rookies-

Michael Jackson Sr. DAL - 66
Sheldrick Redwine CLE - 66
Jaquan Johnson BUF - 65
Joe Jackson DAL - 64
Travis Homer SEA - 63

A couple of things stood out to me. The first: even though our record doesn't show it, we still put guys in the league, and these rating don't even factor in the current free agents. Second: none of our guys seems to be overrated. Madden either nailed to ratings, or severely underrated our guys. Deon Bush is kinda crazy to me. He plays a good amount for one of the best defenses in the league and makes plays, (he's a 63 lollllll). To me the only case to be overrated is Braxton at a 69, and that's only because he hasn't played a down due to injuries. Undrafted rookies didn't get ratings. (My bad for the long post)

Advertisement
God **** thats not a list of Canes, thats a scroll.

Infuriating to look at those names and look at our records.
We have a lot of guys on rosters playing valuable roles that were a part of the some of the worst UM teams I have ever seen. Wildly frustrating to lose repeatedly to teams in the Coastal with that type of talent.

The Duke teams that have beaten us have the same level of talent or better, or so was said by many posters here over the years.
We lost to Dook😩 is this basketball or are you trying to dig up some dark history I've tried to block out like a young Catholic kid.

Advertisement
Madden 20' ratings dropped today and I was curious to see what our former Canes were rated:

Calais Campbell JAX - 92
Greg Olsen CAR - 89
Brandon Linder JAX - 86
Lamar Miller HOU - 85
Jimmy Graham GB - 83
David Njoku CLE - 82
Olivier Vernon CLE - 82
Duke Johnson CLE - 80
Travis Benjamin LAC - 79
Matt Bosher ATL - 78
Phillip Dorsett NE - 77
Chris Herndon NYJ - 76
Allen Hurns DAL - 76
Denzel Perryman LAC - 74
Adrian Colbert SF - 73
Pat O'Donnell CHI - 72
Artie Burns PIT - 71
Michael Badgley LAC - 71
Braxton Berrios NE - 69
Clive Walford MIA - 69
Olsen Pierre NYG - 68
Mark Walton MIA - 68
Ufomba Kamalu NE - 67
Quan Muhummad IND - 66
Chad Thomas CLE - 66
Corn Elder CAR - 65
Ereck Flowers WAS - 65
Jermaine Grace ATL - 64
Deon Bush CHI - 63
RJ Mcintosh NYG - 63
Danny Isidora MIN - 62
Jon Feliciano BUF - 61

Rookies-

Jaquan Johnson BUF - 65
Joe Jackson DAL - 64
Travis Homer SEA - 63

A couple of things stood out to me. The first: even though our record doesn't show it, we still put guys in the league, and these rating don't even factor in the current free agents. Second: none of our guys seems to be overrated. Madden either nailed to ratings, or severely underrated our guys. Deon Bush is kinda crazy to me. He plays a good amount for one of the best defenses in the league and makes plays, (he's a 63 lollllll). To me the only case to be overrated is Braxton at a 69, and that's only because he hasn't played a down due to injuries. Undrafted rookies didn't get ratings. (My bad for the long post)

Deon Bush is exactly where he needs to be. I vouched for us to draft him and he's been a straight JAG. Whatever happened to his shoulder while at Miami has caused him to become a shell of himself. I've never been so disappointed b/c I know he has the abilities, and he and Jackson could be the best S duo in the NFL IF HE'S NOT AFRAID TO HIT OR COME UP FOR THE INT.

Calais Campbell JAX - 92
Greg Olsen CAR - 89
Brandon Linder JAX - 86
Lamar Miller HOU - 85
Jimmy Graham GB - 83
David Njoku CLE - 82
Olivier Vernon CLE - 82
Duke Johnson CLE - 80
Travis Benjamin LAC - 79
Matt Bosher ATL - 78
Phillip Dorsett NE - 77
Chris Herndon NYJ - 76
Allen Hurns DAL - 76
Denzel Perryman LAC - 74
Adrian Colbert SF - 73
Pat O'Donnell CHI - 72
Artie Burns PIT - 71
Michael Badgley LAC - 71
Braxton Berrios NE - 69
Clive Walford MIA - 69
Olsen Pierre NYG - 68
Mark Walton MIA - 68
Ufomba Kamalu NE - 67
Quan Muhummad IND - 66
Chad Thomas CLE - 66
Corn Elder CAR - 65
Ereck Flowers WAS - 65
Jermaine Grace ATL - 64
Deon Bush CHI - 63
RJ Mcintosh NYG - 63
Danny Isidora MIN - 62
Jon Feliciano BUF - 61

Rookies-

Jaquan Johnson BUF - 65
Joe Jackson DAL - 64
Travis Homer SEA - 63

Idk how anyone can look at this list and think our talent is anywhere near NY6 caliber. We've produced a lot of solid players lately, but no stars. We have 1 player above 80 (Njoku at 82) since Golden's first year, which were mostly Shannon players.

Deon Bush had 8 tackles last year. He has 0 INTs in 3 years in the NFL. He's a fine player, but to beat our chest about him is ridiculous. We used to complain when our 95's were only rated as 92's. Now we're arguing that our 63's should be 66's.

And all of this correlates extremely well with our recruiting rankings.

Based on talent, we've underperformed a bit this decade, but not by much. We've been a 7-8 win team on average, and we probably should've been an 8-9 win team. Playing in the coastal, we should probably have 2-3 10 win years, instead of just 1. But it's pretty obvious that our talent level is way below what it used to be, and that of the NY6 regulars (Bama, Clemson, Georgia, LSU, OSU, Michigan, Penn St, etc.).

Idk how anyone can look at this list and think our talent is anywhere near NY6 caliber. We've produced a lot of solid players lately, but no stars. We have 1 player above 80 (Njoku at 82) since Golden's first year, which were mostly Shannon players.

Deon Bush had 8 tackles last year. He has 0 INTs in 3 years in the NFL. He's a fine player, but to beat our chest about him is ridiculous. We used to complain when our 95's were only rated as 92's. Now we're arguing that our 63's should be 66's.

Based on talent, we've underperformed a bit this decade, but not by much. We've been a 7-8 win team on average, and we probably should've been an 8-9 win team. Playing in the coastal, we should probably have 2-3 10 win years, instead of just 1. But it's pretty obvious that our talent level is way below what it used to be, and that of the NY6 regulars (Bama, Clemson, Georgia, LSU, OSU, Michigan, Penn St, etc.).
I agree with you that we don’t, and still don’t recruit and put out the talent to compete consistently with the schools you mentioned. But, our talent level thoughout the Shannon, Golden and Richt era was above any other team in the Coastal. There may have been a few seasons here and there where a VT might have had more talent, but being a consistent 9-10 win team and winning the coastal every year wasn’t so crazy of an expectation looking back.

Looking at this list it just tells me we’ve had more than enough talent to win coastals but not even close to the talent of elite teams. We have 3 elite players at their positions in olsen, Linder, and Campbell. And 2 of those are on the downsides of their career. Other than TE, the level of talent we have in the league is severely underwhelming.

Advertisement

If I counted correctly, we have:
- 14 more players in the NFL than Penn State
- 18 more players in the NFL than Michigan
- 31 more players in the NFL than Virginia (who we've lost to multiple times)
- 37 more players in the NFL than Virginia Tech (who we've lost to multiple times)
- 43 more players in the NFL than Duke (who we've lost to multiple times)

We're not asking for anything crazy here. Beat all the teams in the coastal consistently first. Get AT LEAST as much out of your talent as the other teams. Then we can ask to do more with less and recruit even better. Not wild concepts.

Advertisement
Supposedly all the ratings this year are depressed relative to previous versions.
They are, especially the rookie ratings. I believe the DT from Bama that the Jets drafted (whose name escapes me) is the only one at 80+.

Advertisement
If I counted correctly, we have:
- 14 more players in the NFL than Penn State
- 18 more players in the NFL than Michigan
- 31 more players in the NFL than Virginia (who we've lost to multiple times)
- 37 more players in the NFL than Virginia Tech (who we've lost to multiple times)
- 43 more players in the NFL than Duke (who we've lost to multiple times)

We're not asking for anything crazy here. Beat all the teams in the coastal consistently first. Get AT LEAST as much out of your talent as the other teams. Then we can ask to do more with less and recruit even better. Not wild concepts.

But the guys we've produced lately have been JAGS. We haven't produced any Saquon Barkley-type talents.

Your point is valid, obviously: we should have won more than we did this decade. The argument falls into the same trap that most posters on this site fall into - the more talented team doesn't ALWAYS win the game, talent just improves your % - but overall, yes, we should have won a game or two more per year.

But this is not an impressive list, by historical Miami standards. How many of the top guys in the NFL today came from Miami? Guys like Andre Johnson, Wilfork, Gore, etc were among the best of the best. Now our best guys are just solid pros, or great players in the tailends of their careers (Campbell, Olsen, Gore).

They are, especially the rookie ratings. I believe the DT from Bama that the Jets drafted (whose name escapes me) is the only one at 80+.

they came out and said during the dev streams that its more realistic, a 60-69 overall player is the average NFL guy and then it goes up from there. Williams is the only rook that has an 80 overall, but Ed Oliver is right behind him at 79.

Advertisement
Back