2024 UM offers 2024 DB Antione Jackson (Flips/Commits to Miami)

Advertisement
•6'1, 172 as a sophomore.

•Rated the #7 CB for 2024 in the NATION on 247.

•Says he like to compare his game to Sauce Gardner.

•Grew up a Canes fan. Whole family are Cane fans. Uncle played Bball for the Canes.

•Talks to coach Fran(DB coach at uga) ALOT. Uga will be make this a tough fight. They became close when Fran was at Rutgers recruiting him.

Advertisement
Awesome kid.
One of the first things I did when I got to Dillard was tell this young man...
"Get ready to get physical. We not playing you in off coverage anymore."
He was relieved.
Nothing against the previous DC, but they had him playing so much cover-3 with him lined-up 7 yards off of WR's. The poor kid was getting more tackles than PBU's.

I'm not having the #1 CB in the country play 7 yards off, giving up hitches and slants all day.

He's gonna earn his ranking this season, and he's looking forward to the challenge.

•6'1, 172 as a sophomore.

•Rated the #7 CB for 2024 in the NATION on 247.

•Says he like to compare his game to Sauce Gardner.

•Grew up a Canes fan. Whole family are Cane fans. Uncle played Bball for the Canes.

•Talks to coach Fran(DB coach at uga) ALOT. Uga will be make this a tough fight. They became close when Fran was at Rutgers recruiting him.

Who’s his uncle?

Awesome kid.
One of the first things I did when I got to Dillard was tell this young man...
"Get ready to get physical. We not playing you in off coverage anymore."
He was relieved.
Nothing against the previous DC, but they had him playing so much cover-3 with him lined-up 7 yards off of WR's. The poor kid was getting more tackles than PBU's.

I'm not having the #1 CB in the country play 7 yards off, giving up hitches and slants all day.

He's gonna earn his ranking this season, and he's looking forward to the challenge.
Prime example of coaches forcing kids into certain systems…. versus coaches that build their systems around what their kids can actually do. Thanks Macho

Advertisement
Prime example of coaches forcing kids into certain systems…. versus coaches that build their systems around what their kids can actually do. Thanks Macho

Like Coordinators who are married to a certain system despite what their personnel is?

If I have big, physical CB's who want to challenge WR's I'm not gonna ask them to play off coverage all day. That's taking them away from what they do well.
Obviously there's a time/place to varying the techniques, but generally we want to challenge WR's and make them beat us.
You tend to give-up too many easy pitch-and-catch plays when you live in off coverage. And that's what I saw in Jackson's game film. Giving up 7 yard catches to WR's that he could completely shut out. Made no sense to me.

Advertisement
Advertisement

1275327F-58AB-4499-A009-E88603199F8D.gif

Advertisement
Back