UM expected to choose Harvard dean as next president

Andymiles

Recruit
The University of Miami on Monday is expected to name Dr. Julio Frenk - a Harvard school of public health dean of faculty and Mexico's former minister of heath - as its new president, the Miami Herald reports.
If chosen, Frenk would take over on Sept. 1 as the university's sixth president. He would become the first Hispanic to lead UM.
The 61-year-old Frenk is expected to be introduced at a news conference on Monday after a formal vote by the UM Board of Trustees, unnamed sources told the Herald.

Advertisement
I guess I can have my wife translate my nasty emails to office of the president into Spanish. I hope nothing gets lost in translation. We should start the letter campaign immediately so he understand the revolution has already started. He is Mexican so should know what happens to El Presidente after we storm his office. Can someone translate that chant: "we have the rope, we have the tree, now all we need ...." I vote no grace period. Immediate pressure. They riot and kill people for soccer, so a bunch of nasty emails should seem mild to him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back