U Recruiting #13 past 20 yrs

Advertisement
IF this recruiting class' ranking is accurate... either the recruiting star system is totally broken or Miami's athlete development and game day coaching regimens are (were) totally broken.
It’s a bit of both. All of your big time “gets” won’t pan out, and some of the lower ranked kids will ball out. You have to get the RIGHT kids in (1⭐️ to 5⭐️) to your program. Facts state that the more big time kids u get, the more successful u will be, but getting the right kids in can turn a program around, too. I’ve seen lower ranked kids that we didn’t recruit, go to other schools and end up in the league, while some of our 4-5⭐️ kids, fizzle out. Which brings me to the development and corching during this time period, of said football players. It’s been ....
1621637940570.gif

Advertisement
The latter.

But ppl don't wanna.... nevermind ppl will think I'm a mope when I'm a realist. 🤷🏿‍♂️
It’s that but part of it are that these kids believe that if they’re from here then they’re the holy grail of football. Just look at our roster right now and who are the 3 that complain the most? Where are they from? Part of you hitting on a kid is knowing that the kid is a fit for the culture you’re trying to set.

It’s a bit of both. All of your big time “gets” won’t pan out, and some of the lower ranked kids will ball out. You have to get the RIGHT kids in (1⭐️ to 5⭐️) to your program. Facts state that the more big time kids u get, the more successful u will be, but getting the right kids in can turn a program around, too. I’ve seen lower ranked kids that we didn’t recruit, go to other schools and end up in the league, while some of our 4-5⭐️ kids, fizzle out. Which brings me to the development and corching during this time period, of said football players. It’s been .... View attachment 146999
Kyle Wright and Kirby Freeman were major disappointments

Advertisement
Kyle Wright and Kirby Freeman were major disappointments
Facts!!! We struck out wit QB’s pretty much back to back. That kind of **** just can’t happen, if you’re trying to remain in the conversation of elite programs. Ain’t no telling how far that set us back. I wish there was a **** transfer portal back then. Thinking about it gets me depressed!

Bad AD and bad coaches = bad results. But you knew what qp meant and didn’t really need me to explain that to you, did you?

I know what he and you meant and still think it’s bull****. We’re not even close to being the same program we were with Larry Coker and four or five ADs ago.

You don’t need me to help you off the PTCD treadmill so you can see that has zero to do with this season, do you?

Advertisement
The problem with that number 13 ranking is that it weighs every position equally.

QB is the most important position on the field and we have been avr at best.

WR is another position that can dominate in college ball where we have not had a stud.

CB gets paid more in the NFL than safeties, so I am going to say that position is more important and we have struck out there.

the cream of the crop is where u want to be top 3ish............if u fuqin around at 13 (where we are) u risk having bad season cause teams in the 20's and 30's in class rankings can compete with 13th..............especially when the cream of the crop go into the blue chip schools because the cream of the crop rankings are more accurate........... after that rankings are wish wash IMO.

Facts!!! We struck out wit QB’s pretty much back to back. That kind of **** just can’t happen, if you’re trying to remain in the conversation of elite programs. Ain’t no telling how far that set us back. I wish there was a **** transfer portal back then. Thinking about it gets me depressed!
Last qb who was really good is Morris. Yes I liked him more than kaaya

Advertisement
IF this recruiting class' ranking is accurate... either the recruiting star system is totally broken or Miami's athlete development and game day coaching regimens are (were) totally broken.
Were. Overall recruiting has really picked up starting with 2016 onward, and I'd say development began to improve there. It's accelerated further under Diaz. Put it this way for recruiting - Diaz and Lashley have recruited more blue chip wide receivers in the last two cycles than Larry Coker did in six.

It also shows how failing to recruit at key positions can ruin a program, no matter how the rest of the team is stacked. Larry Coker could not recruit quarterbacks or wide receivers. It's why Miami fell apart by 2006. Defenses could load up to stop the run, because there is no offensive threat otherwise when you're facing a team that has only three wideouts (as Miami did by midseason that year). Under Mark Richt, the offensive line regressed to its lowest point in many decades. You can be stacked at wide receiver, quarterback, running back, and tight end. But if you have a poorly performing line, it does not work.

Randy Shannon and Al Golden successfully recruited two blue chip quarterbacks (Harris, Olsen) in six recruiting cycles. Harris was okay, Olsen never played.

Development was broken under Shannon. No nutrition program as well. Players got worse - not better - as the years progressed.

Game day coaching regimens were terrible under Golden. A rigid, absurd defensive scheme was employed that squandered the talents of everyone involved. In retrospect, Al could have had Alabama's defense and it would not have mattered. The scheme ruined it.

Advertisement
Back