Tyree St. Louis

Tennessee under Butch Jones: Year 1 5-7 and Year 2 6-6. UT has no QB, WR and RB positions are very weak IMO, saw them live at the Missouri game. As rough as things are at UM, it's still a better place for Tyree St. Louis. The facilities in Knoxville are first rate, but eastern Tennessee is not a destination point for anyone. My daughter is in her 2nd year of VET. School at UT and loves the school, but really does not like Knoxville.

I live right outside of knoxville and I'm not sure how it's not a destination for a college kid. I went to UT for a year and played baseball and for a college athlete it is awesome. Pure college town, athletes can do whatever they want, the athlete apartments are ridiculous, and all the local clubs and bars let you in for free, and sometimes give free drinks. They have a solid qb in Dobbs, have way more "talent" at WR than Miami does, Hurd is a solid rb too.

Like I said the other day one of my best friends is the center at UT (Mack Crowder) and he said Butch told him he is likely to be the host for St. Louis on his visit. Tennessee has a lot to offer him, I'm not saying Miami doesn't, but if he wants to play early he can at Tennessee (he could at Miami, but it's not as likely) and Tennessee had one of the best OL in the country in 2013 before they lost all 5 starters. I'm not sold on Butch Jones being anything other than a recruiter and like Golden has never done anything to prove otherwise, but their direction and current status seems much more appealing than Miami.

IMO though, I think TN wins 8-9 games next year like Miami did last year, but they won't fall off like we did they will actually build on it.

Advertisement
Said he's gonna officially visit UF

Wasn't the reason he committed to us that UIF wouldn't take his commitment? If they've come around that can't be a good sign.

not sure the specifics but he was supposed to commit to UF that day.Miami came out of nowhere. so with the new coaching staff it may have reopened the door. would hate to lose him

Visit to UF is really telling. he has always wanted to be a Gator, and we were 2nd choice. Not good if he does in fact take the visit.

Advertisement
image.jpg

"Coach McElwain came to my school a few days after he got the job," St. Louis said. "He's a great dude and great coach, I feel like he'd be able to come in and restart the Florida program."

In addition to Florida, St. Louis has also heard a lot from Tennessee and is planning to take official visits to both Florida and Tennessee when the dead period ends in mid-January.

"I have strong interest in Tennessee," he said. "They are rebuilding same as Florida. They have a lot of talent a lot of guys so it will be interesting to see what they do in the next couple of years."

He gone..

"Coach McElwain came to my school a few days after he got the job," St. Louis said. "He's a great dude and great coach, I feel like he'd be able to come in and restart the Florida program."

In addition to Florida, St. Louis has also heard a lot from Tennessee and is planning to take official visits to both Florida and Tennessee when the dead period ends in mid-January.

"I have strong interest in Tennessee," he said. "They are rebuilding same as Florida. They have a lot of talent a lot of guys so it will be interesting to see what they do in the next couple of years."

He gone..

I wouldn't expect him to trash them either if he does have some interest...? They would tell him to go fly a kite...

Advertisement
First thing I thought when I saw him dominating AA practices, "he'll leave now."

Kid is a stud. One of our best recruits. This class could fall apart if we aren't careful.

Class is likely to fall apart if things aren't done.. A storm is on the way

Advertisement
The UA AA game isn't a good thing for us. Tennessee has multiple guys there and we have none.. bet they are trying to pull him as well as potential florida targets

Could fall apart if we are not careful? We have had 11 decommitts and its looking like Irving among others are about to committ elsewhere. The 2015 class will be a blood bath.

Advertisement
Back