Trying to be positive

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
which isn't in my DNA, but here goes. This team seems to play better as the hunter rather than the hunted. They seem to play better and with a chip on their shoulder when people doubt them or don't give them attention. Duke is now the favorite to win the ACCT and UNC is the new "****" pick. Miami is not being mentioned as a #1 team, #1 seed, or really a team that can go deep in the tourney. The media and the nation has moved on, which is understandable since we've lost 3 of 4.

Maybe I'm deluding myself into thinking we'll see a different team the rest of the way, but I've spent the last 20 hours trying to think of some silver lining and this is all I came up with.

Advertisement
Thought the exact same thing today. Agreed that this could be a good sign for us in the tourney. It is also why I am nervous about this team losing in the 2nd round to a 6-7 seed.

ThingS that Bothered me..

* Team had no fight....basically they thought the game was over with mins left an put forth no effort..why the **** is your 90 year old coach screaming and raising the rood tryna getu guys interested?

* let the refs get to em...Literally...guys were frustrated..how the heck..(get used to it)...an it affected guys...our sr leaders at that...Kenny Kadji was DONE for...checked out with about 3 mins left...we called timeout and dude was with his head down the whole time Larranaga was speaking.DONE...didnt want the ball or anything

* lack of focus....lost to a tip in....i mean look at the play...theres all 5 of our guys literally LOOKING at the **** ball...while gt's guy shot it and had enough sense to tip it back...Trey Mckinney Jones didnt even attempt to box out..Kadji was watching..if it was 2 seconds left they still wouldve won..woouldve been an easy put back...

Honestly felt the pressure got to them....only guy seem to have that want is a guy who i think is the most OC (outta control)...Durand Scott...the rest of the guys didnt even want the ball...was afraid of the moment...Larkin included...the series before the last...i saw Kadji get the bal on the wing and immediately passed back to TMJ...and i was like..Huh?....dude couldve faced up..dribble drive..or back down...we were in bonus...but he didnt even want the rock...he was content in giving it up and just setting a pick.

They need to Tighten up and become the HUNTER again or whatever and thats real soon...these acc schools aint scared of us......

The more realist view is we are what our record says we are. Imagine if we had lost to NCSU and BC and even FSU? If we had Haith here, no doubt in my mind, that'd be the result. Then we'd be what everyone thought we would be, 4th or so in a down year of the ACC.

I think we win one game in the ACCT (do you really have faith in that right now?), lose in the semi's. We are then a 2 or 3 seed, win one game but that round two, I don't know. I don't have a lot of faith in a team that has never been to the NCAA tourney. That's our reality. Since the FSU game, we have not been in rhythm for a complete game. There is no dominant team and teams not familiar with us will be at a disadvantage, but.... the fact that this team has never been to the NCAA's should give you pause before dreaming about a Final Four. It took Hamilton's teams 3 times to get a tourney tough team to make it to the Sweet 16.

On the flip side, there is no dominant team out there and a good bracket with a lot of breaks and we could be good to go. And my gawd, if Reggie version 2012 would show up, this team could make one hellavu run.

Can't just abandon ship now. We've put us ourselves in the position where we can earn a 2 seed and enjoy a relatively easy road to the sweet 16.

Advertisement
No team has tourney experience, it's way overrated. Most of the best teams are full of one & dones.
I will admit that I've lost all faith in them really making any noise at this point, I fully expect a second round loss to a team they should clearly beat.
Sorry.

Advertisement
Back