Truth revealed last night...

The last TD was not a blown coverage. It was a blown tackle behind the LOS. The player that blew the tackle replaced Alexander. Alexander makes that tackle all day and hold Bama to 3rd and long. Now that would have been interesting to watch.

I dunno man. That dude was running away from Clemson all night. The way he was playing, there's no guarantee that anybody makes that tackle. Would've been interesting for sure, tho.

Advertisement
So Bama didn't have any busted coverages? The onside kick, well timed as they saw number one was dipping out early, so they did it and even got a perfect kick. The return, coverage could've been better, but that was an awesome effort by the returner. You should probably check out what he averages in the return game.

People always talk one sided in this ****. Anyone pointing out what Bama, the better team, did wrong besides playing the referee card? Nah, didn't think so.

I was most impressed with Bama's coverage of Clemson backs on wheel routes. Clemson ran that stuff all year for big gains and Bama totally took it away.

I'm looking forward to that kind of aggressive match up type coverage again.

Maybe Dabo is just a better coach than the almighty Saban. The talent disparity is real. It was reported that Bama's roster has like 40+ Under Armour All-Americans on it, compared to 8 for Clemson.

Advertisement
Maybe Dabo is just a better coach than the almighty Saban. The talent disparity is real. It was reported that Bama's roster has like 40+ Under Armour All-Americans on it, compared to 8 for Clemson.

I was joking around today saying that Bama has 4 star recruits on thier 3rd string. A bit of exaggeration but was trying to point out the difference in depth on the two rosters.

Both teams had grown men. The size and athleticism gap between Miami and Clemson/Bama is astronomical.

hand clemson the 2016 acc ship already, its a wrap

This. Us and FSU will give them a fight for their lives but we are just not there yet. Last night showed me that we can win 10 games, get the ACC title game, lose a close one to Clemson and get ready for a run at it all in 2017.

That said, Bama was just too deep. They were rotating 7-8 Dlineman throughout that game. We have a ways to go before we can even sniff a rotation of QUALITY lineman like that.

Christobal is clearly the weak link on that staff. That is not a typical ALA Oline. Probably the worst of all of Sabans championship teams. He better be glad he can recruit.

Amazing how the game changed once Alexander went out. A dominating DB can still change a defense.

Good game and Clemson can hold their head high. ALA was just the better team "top to bottom" although Clemson had better players "top" wise.

How did last night show you this?

Last night the better team may not have won, but the better coach did.

If we look at last night in a vacuum - the better special teams coach was all that won that game. Any other assessment is bringing career resumes into the evaluation. Saban (and Smart) had ample time to prepare for Watson and were completely ineffectual in stopping him at all. In fact, Watson's INT toward the end of the first half- something that very well may have turned the game- was an unforced error. Very easily could have been a 14 pt swing right there with Clemson getting the ball back to start the second half too. Not to mention the refs ******** Clemson out of time right before that missed FG attempt. Oh wait, this is college football. We're supposed to stop the clock on a 1st down.....

True, but Saban called the Fake which resulted in a touchdown in a 5 point win.

The SEC's best versus the ACC's best showed the country the talent gap is not as vast as ESPN and all the SEC sycophants spew. It was really impressive seeing Bama being beat in the trenches.

Clemson had that game won but mistakes and a key player injured swayed the game in Bama's favor. But that's football. The best team doesn't always win. Last night, Clemson was the better team and everyone, whether they admit or not, knows it.

I actually disagree that Clemson was the better team. Both teams have top level talent and the game could've went either way. I think you're feelings about Clemson being a better team is subjective as it relates to the hated SEC biasedness.

Advertisement
What I saw was that Clemson had the most talented player on the field and without him Bama wins easy. Take Deshaun Watson away from Clemson and they don't stand a chance. On the flip side, there wasn't really one player you could say the same about with Alabama.

kobe-bryant-pointing.jpg

I cannot believe that there were employed football coaches in this town who wanted Cristobal to coach the Canes.

After last night, it should NEVER occur to any member of the BOT to bring him in again.

Alexander was covering Ridley the whole night until he hurt his left hamstring, trying to overcompensate for his injured right hamstring. That TE destroyed them. Even on that 3 & 11 sweep where he just ran through their line and not only got the first but **** near scored. Clemson offense played lights out. The defense and the special teams murdered them. Clemson had to play the perfect game to beat Bama and they didn't. They had plenty of chances. An interception in the Red Zone that could have put them up 21-7 in the second quarter and a missed FG before the half were key mistakes.

3 blown coverages on three play by Clemson led to 21 Bama points. That kickoff return was unacceptable and the difference in the game.

What did Clemson was that injury to their #1 DB and the overall ****** Special Teams play. Those blown coverages were mind boggling.

Last edited:
Alexander was covering Ridley the whole night until he hurt his left hamstring, trying to overcompensate for his injured right hamstring. That TE destroyed them. Even on that 3 & 11 sweep where he just ran through their line and not only got the first but **** near scored. Clemson offense played lights out. The defense and the special teams murdered them. Clemson had to play the perfect game to beat Bama and they didn't. They had plenty of chances. An interception in the Red Zone that could have put them up 21-7 in the second quarter and a missed FG before the half were key mistakes.

3 blown coverages on three play by Clemson led to 21 Bama points. That kickoff return was unacceptable and the difference in the game.

What did Clemson was that injury to their #1 DB and the overall ****ty Special Teams play. Those blown coverages were mind boggling.

I think you might be generalizing when you say defense. Clemson's secondary and special teams screwed them over. The pass rush was playing well

Advertisement
What I saw was that Clemson had the most talented player on the field and without him Bama wins easy. Take Deshaun Watson away from Clemson and they don't stand a chance. On the flip side, there wasn't really one player you could say the same about with Alabama.

If alexander didn't get hurt I think Clemson wins. The All American Al didn't go after because he didn't attend his camps. I hate you Al Golden and Shalala.

Both teams had grown men. The size and athleticism gap between Miami and Clemson/Bama is astronomical.

hand clemson the 2016 acc ship already, its a wrap

This. Us and FSU will give them a fight for their lives but we are just not there yet. Last night showed me that we can win 10 games, get the ACC title game, lose a close one to Clemson and get ready for a run at it all in 2017.

That said, Bama was just too deep. They were rotating 7-8 Dlineman throughout that game. We have a ways to go before we can even sniff a rotation of QUALITY lineman like that.

Christobal is clearly the weak link on that staff. That is not a typical ALA Oline. Probably the worst of all of Sabans championship teams. He better be glad he can recruit.

Amazing how the game changed once Alexander went out. A dominating DB can still change a defense.

Good game and Clemson can hold their head high. ALA was just the better team "top to bottom" although Clemson had better players "top" wise.

How did last night show you this?

LMFAO.

Advertisement
Back