True or False - Gino DiMare

Advertisement
Advertisement
Curious as to the board's educated opinion on this:

TRUE or FALSE: The University of Miami will not make a College World Series with Gino DiMare as Head Baseball Coach
The only way it happens is if he lands some hyper talented team that destroys everyone. With the way he can recruit, it's possible. That said, he'll find a way to ***** it up.

We saw a lot of different Canes teams this year. I didn't see any games, but based on the board fodder. Is Gino a culmination of the season? Was the hot streak in spite of him? The collapse at the end minus Notre Dame is all Gino, right?

What is it? Think it has to do with thinking under pressure? How does he connect with players? Recruit? Development wise with Gino and the rest of the staff? How is our strength and conditioning for baseball? Training room? Nutrition?

Why is he unsuccessful when the standard is Omaha?

magic8ball-simpsons.gif

Advertisement
False, and I hope to **** he proves me wrong. Like Manny though in football for lack of a better analogy, stacking talent without proper fundamentals won’t save him…and I hope he is getting it.

hope he proves me wrong too, but i just don't see him as a CWS coach. not the way the wizard was, where you knew every year you at least had a shot.

i lost that feeling in morris' last 4 years, and don't have it with gino, and not sure i ever will.

the manny analogy is a good one.

where you keep seeing the same (uncorrected) flaws, it doesn't take abner doubleday to tell you that something is really wrong.

Advertisement
hope he proves me wrong too, but i just don't see him as a CWS coach. not the way the wizard was, where you know every year you at least had a shot.

i lost that feeling in morris' last 4 years, an don't have it with gino.
Gino feels like a carbon copy of the last few years of the Morris tenure. Same ole mistakes, same ole lack of attention to details and fundamentals…with some stellar plays and solid batter performances sprinkled in since the potential will come through out times

The only way it happens is if he lands some hyper talented team that destroys everyone. With the way he can recruit, it's possible. That said, he'll find a way to ***** it up.
I think he makes even a Tenn team like this year lose games they shouldn’t and could CORCH up a regional/super

I think he makes even a Tenn team like this year lose games they shouldn’t and could CORCH up a regional/super
The imurcane curse coming

I think Tennessee in baseball right now is comparable to Miami 2001. Even Coker couldn’t **** it up.

Advertisement
The imurcane curse coming

I think Tennessee in baseball right now is comparable to Miami 2001. Even Coker couldn’t **** it up.
Baseball is a funny game…and Tennessee is tempting baseball karma. On paper they should win it. But Campbell and Gtech gave them all they could handle. Notre Dame has a chance to really frustrate them. If Notre Dame can weather that game 1 first 3-4 innings of emotion and settle in anything can happen.

Baseball is a funny game…and Tennessee is tempting baseball karma. On paper they should win it. But Campbell and Gtech gave them all they could handle. Notre Dame has a chance to really frustrate them. If Notre Dame can weather that game 1 first 3-4 innings of emotion and settle in anything can happen.
Hottest team at the moment wins in Omaha. 1 seeds often struggle

5D4DD315-75F7-4E94-8CF1-A96215BF7928.jpeg

Advertisement
Back