True Freshman QB affect on recruiting...

CaneSupremo

Shalala's Jock Strap
What affect, if any, does having kaaya start at QB have on recruits' decision to come here? A favorable one that says you can play early here - we're a true meritocracy? Or does a QB hesitate with the starting QB spot locked for 4 years?

Advertisement
I think all it if the recruits know by now that we play freshman

The key will be the results that show up on the furled based on the coaching and development of players
If this kid produces and is freshman acc Player of the year then is could get crazy in recruiting

A lot of the kids, I do believe, want to put on for their city based on the 2016 commits
It's just about the results now... I am very interested in the scheme if the defense and how it's gonna work and
Will they do more attacking

Only chance it would scare off potential QBs is if Kaaya has a great season. If he plays bad (which I doubt) or average, they can still see the opportunity to take a job.

It will have a positive effect if Kaaya is good. If he doesn't stand out then nobody will care. If he does stand out, then kids will want to play with a QB who is here for at least two more years. As for QB's, it seems like we're pretty much locked up until 2017, and a 2017 kid isn't going to care about Brad Kaaya.

What affect, if any, does having kaaya start at QB have on recruits' decision to come here? A favorable one that says you can play early here - we're a true meritocracy? Or does a QB hesitate with the starting QB spot locked for 4 years?

Really doubt Kaaya will be here for 4 years.

Advertisement
Only chance it would scare off potential QBs is if Kaaya has a great season. If he plays bad (which I doubt) or average, they can still see the opportunity to take a job.

We're set at QB for this cycle, right? So for 2016, I don't see why Kaaya should scare anyone off. IF anything, if he's playing well someone like Allison would see a situation where he serves as the backup as a true freshman and then possibly takes over the next year as a sophomore after Kaaya bolts.

Really doubt Kaaya will be here for 4 years.

I'm just projecting positive thoughts - 4 years baby!!!

We're set at QB for this cycle, right? So for 2016, I don't see why Kaaya should scare anyone off. IF anything, if he's playing well someone like Allison would see a situation where he serves as the backup as a true freshman and then possibly takes over the next year as a RS-FROSH after Kaaya bolts.

FIFY

Advertisement
Well I gotta figure that Jack Allison is happy about this. If Kaaya redshirts then thats another possible year of eligibility Alison would need to worry about

I would like to see some data on the NFL success of college QB's that declare after their junior year.
It's almost a board constant here that ANY top player will leave college after three years.

Best case scenario.

Kaaya balls out, goes pro in 3.

Battle between Rosier, Lawson, Allison and maybe Buckshot. Centeio looks like our target for 2017 class right now. 2018 the northwestern kid is showing out early. Who knows.

I think it would be between Lawson and Allison after Kaaya gone.

So much hypothetical. I called it a little while back too. I expected Kaaya to start. He is not your normal freshman QB, he's very advanced and he gives us our best chance to win and move towards the future.

Advertisement
Back