Trivia Question: Who Was Miami's D.C. in 1985?

Soul Cane

Junior
B. Trout unceremoniously left in 1984.

And JJ hired Dave Wannstedt from USC to become DC n 1986.

Advertisement
To be quite honest I don't know, but my guess is that it was JJ himself. Let's be honest, he was the true DC anyway. Wannie was merely the front man doing anything JJ told him to do.

Paul Jette. He came from Oklahoma State. Jimmy was required to keep Howard's assistants when he arrived in 1984, but he brought on Jette in 1985. He only was here one year because his alma mater, Texas, offered him the same job there.

Last edited:
Paul Jette. He came from Oklahoma State. Jimmy was required to keep Howard's assistants when he arrived in 1984, but he brought on Jette in 1985. He only was here one year because his alma mater, Texas, offered him the same job there.

Mistake on his part. Although I'm sure it's hard to turn down the dineros.

Did JJ take anyone from Miami with him to the Cowboys? Butch Davis... anyone else?

Mistake on his part. Although I'm sure it's hard to turn down the dineros.

Did JJ take anyone from Miami with him to the Cowboys? Butch Davis... anyone else?

He took a good portion of staff: Davis, Dave Wannestedt, Hubbard Alexander, Dave Campo, Tony Wise, Joe Brodsky.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back