Transfer Portal: Matt Bedford (SR) RHP Notre Dame D1 (ACC)

Advertisement
Also giving my own opinion here, I think its going to be really hard for us not to get Matt Bedford. If his decision is about academics i don't see how we don't land him. I also expect us to offer him a pretty good NIL deal

Also giving my own opinion here, I think its going to be really hard for us not to get Matt Bedford. If his decision is about academics i don't see how we don't land him. I also expect us to offer him a pretty good NIL deal
So going from the 32nd ranked academic institution to the 90th scratches that itch?

Advertisement
Advertisement
That’s….disappointing.

40 k’s in 60+ IP is mediocre.
Strikeout to walk ratio in general is underwhelming. There may be an explanation for it that isn't obvious in the stats, but I don't love that he only averaged a little over four innings per start. Although going through box scores that seemed to improve later in the season, but it looked like he got hit around a bit mid season against some of the better teams in the league.

Wouldn't mind him Saturday or preferably Sunday.

Last edited:
Strikeout to walk ratio in general is underwhelming. There may be an explanation for it that isn't obvious in the stats, but I don't love that he only averaged a little over four innings per start. Although going through box scores that seemed to improve later in the season, but it looked like he got hit around a bit mid season against some of the better teams in the league.

Wouldn't mind him Saturday or preferably Sunday.
Another 4 inning starter is EXACTLY what we need!

Advertisement
His stats don't indicate a Friday starter. At best, Sunday starter.
He actually has very good stuff. His BAA is very strong. He needs to improve his change up or develop another 3rd pitch. Fastball and slider are very good. He's not racking up K's but he's got the stuff to do it.. 92-94 fastball and 85+ slider.

I can assure you ND's ace, a team that took 2/3 from us and nearly swept us, is better than being our Sunday guy. He would have been our 2nd starter this year by a long shot.. statistically speaking.

I'd guess Saturday. Depending how strong the portal is actually going to be and how effective we're going to be in it.. he could easily be the best guy we could land.

He actually has very good stuff. His BAA is very strong. He needs to improve his change up or develop another 3rd pitch. Fastball and slider are very good. He's not racking up K's but he's got the stuff to do it.. 92-94 fastball and 85+ slider.

I can assure you ND's ace, a team that took 2/3 from us and nearly swept us, is better than being our Sunday guy. He would have been our 2nd starter this year by a long shot.. statistically speaking.

I'd guess Saturday. Depending how strong the portal is actually going to be and how effective we're going to be in it.. he could easily be the best guy we could land.
Sorry, I didn't add a key part in what I meant to say.

Hes a Sunday starter at best on a team that has a legit chance at winning it all.

You are correct, he mightve been our ace this season. But that's not saying much imo. Our pitching is abysmal.

Hes a Sunday starter at best on a team that has a legit chance at winning it all.

You are correct, he mightve been our ace this season. But that's not saying much imo. Our pitching is abysmal.
Not our ace but 100% on him being Sunday starter based off production on a contending team.

Advertisement

1716513673260.gif

Advertisement
Back