TRAINING CAMP

Odysseus

Freshman
What's up fellas haven't posted here in a while took a little break with nothing going on football wise until recently. With that being said I figure with states opening and college campuses opening for the fall which I feel is 100% a must for any sports to go on there has to be students on campus. But what do you guys feel is a good enough time frame for guys to be ready conditioning wise to be ready for the season. Our opener is 9/5 against Temple so I figure about 3 weeks of workouts mat drills and another 3 weeks of on field training camp ahead of the season. Would that be enough and if so guys would have to be back on campus mid to late July

Advertisement
I hope we start Fall camp as regularly scheduled...

We probably won't, but it would be great if we had a savage school President & AD who don't give AF about mass hysteria panic & optics.

But we all know that's not going to happen, so whatever the safest & most pussified thing there is to do is exactly what we'll do... Sigh.

We probably won't, but it would be great if we had a savage school President & AD who don't give AF about mass hysteria panic & optics.

But we all know that's not going to happen, so whatever the safest & most pussified thing there is to do is exactly what we'll do... Sigh.

Nah, man. Public universities in California will do the most extremely pussified ****. We'll come in right behind them. Between the lemming culture and CYA attitude of the BOT, we're currently unable to be the "most" anything... they will try, though.

Advertisement
I'm not going to leave yo hanging bro. 6 weaks is the number but 2 weeks of conditioning and for weaks of camp. Mid July should dew it.
I wish I had paid more attention. Where and how did this schtick arise? Between these type of posts and the little peeking animal popping out of the ground, I feel like there should be a full article on how it all came about. I’d read it twice.

I wish I had paid more attention. Where and how did this schtick arise? Between these type of posts and the little peeking animal popping out of the ground, I feel like there should be a full article on how it all came about. I’d read it twice.
Man, you're not the only one.

The kids who would have been able to enroll for Summer A in normal times have already been pushed back to Summer B. One of them mentioned recently that they are being told the staff hopes to get them in for right after July 4th. They aren't even enrolling them in online classes. It sounds like they hope to bring them on campus and start summer classes at the same time.

Finebaum was on one of the early ESPN shows yesterday. He talked about some comments Dan Mullen made on his show Monday:

Mullen said:
UF has sent tests to a few of their guys who felt they had been exposed to COVID. No one tested positive.

- Mullen said that UF has essentially been following the guidelines of the Governor of Florida. Given the plan to likely reopen gyms, etc in the next couple of weeks, he sees the possibility for them to bring guys back on campus to work out in their weight room. Essentially, the weight room on campus is a "gym". This allows them to control the number of guys in the room at one time, monitor sanitizing and the health and well being of the players.

I would imagine UM would do the same - I know Dade county is behind the rest of the state in the reopening plan but by mid June, I'm sure they will be caught up. Maybe this is what the staff is banking on ......

Mullen also said the UF would play football in the fall and modify their schedule if need be to fill holes by playing other teams who could also play a fall schedule.

Finebaum basically said that in his opinion, the decision on what to do for fall football will be made by the commissioners of the Power 5 conferences, not the NCAA. Seems like everyone believes this to be the case.

Advertisement
Yea seems like everyone but the west coast will be playing this fall, and the canes will most likely be back enrolled for summer B session

I think we should play games in the courtyard of an old folks home, just to stick it to the world.

But seriously, we will go above and beyond to look politically correct.

Y'all may have covered elsewhere and I missed it. Will NCAA dictate the schedule? Will each conference dictate the schedule for their conference? Or will it be a school by school decision? By schedule, I am talking about when weight rooms open, S&C programs, fall camp, etc

Y'all may have covered elsewhere and I missed it. Will NCAA dictate the schedule? Will each conference dictate the schedule for their conference? Or will it be a school by school decision? By schedule, I am talking about when weight rooms open, S&C programs, fall camp, etc

It sounds like the NCAA it’s basically sitting this one out.

Advertisement

You're a true G.....
:fistbump:

The guy is creeping his way up to high profile status...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back