Top Freshman seasons! Rank 'em

Cane44

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
Thought of a new topic during last nights game and seeing Cyr to continue to have an outstanding FR season. Where does he rank in the last 20years and who else fills out a top 10 Freshman season for the Canes?

Advertisement
Weeks and Alonso offensively come to mind. Then BRad and Erickson on the bump. Weeks and Alonso's freshman year I just remember thinking god when these guys are Juniors we are going to breeze to Omaha...that team had a freshman. Hernandez I think who was lights out. Man what a letdown that season A success to some degree but that team was so good.

The last 10 years or so we have been so erratic and I think I have been let down so much no one is coming to mind but there has to be a few. Did Michael Medievalia (Spelling?) have a good freshman year? I remember he had success early but was he a sophomore?

Advertisement
ADC was pegged as top 5 pick after his first year I think? I think him and Sabato (sp) for UNC were both top 5 after amazing frosh seasons.
Sabato still landed late in the 1st round as a 1B, even after he cooled way off that next year. Went to the Twins IIRC. He was old. He left after his sophomore year.

Braun was generational. One of the best players I have ever seen in a Canes uniform from the second he put one on.
Very true, and he was unduly vilified over the steroid use. As if half the league wasn't juicing in the late 90's and early 2000's.

Advertisement
Very true, and he was unduly vilified over the steroid use. As if half the league wasn't juicing in the late 90's and early 2000's.
I mean, I loved him as a player, but wasn't most of the **** he caught more for trying to ruin the tester's life than for the drugs?

I mean, I loved him as a player, but wasn't most of the **** he caught more for trying to ruin the tester's life than for the drugs?
Ya, he sleazily tried the "chain of custody" defense, which happened to work. But then, admitted to using a year or so later. Not that it makes him some hero, but it certainly makes him an exception as one who publicly owned up to it.

Let’s not forget the GOAT when speaking about generational players. We overlapped at UM.
971F660B-58F7-4CCB-BF6E-640DBDF3A592.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back