Top 7 colleges with most active NFL players

Orangebowl

Redshirt Freshman
Link: Top 7 Colleges With the Most Players in the NFL Right Now

We have the seventh highest total of active NFL players with 32. We actually have the third highest number of NFL players among schools outside the SEC, behind only FSU and USC. We're almost in a 5 way tie for third place on this list since UGA, UF, FSU and LSU all have 33 former players in the NFL. All of these schools ahead of us have been far more successful in recent years. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd assume the guys on the 2000-2002 UM teams are almost all either retired or cut by now. So, players on mediocre Miami teams often do well in the NFL. This really shows how ****** our recent coaching has been.

Advertisement
we will also be near the top in Hall of Famers. Andre Johnson, Reggie wayne, ed reed and ray lewis should all get in. we are approaching usc

Advertisement
Maybe this only counts people who actually have played a down in anything other than the preseason. The figure seemed low to me too- I think they're excluding some people for some reason. I'd assume that a lot of people from the 2000-02 teams have retired over the last 3 years or so- I'm sure Miami's figure would have been higher a few years ago.

Maybe this only counts people who actually have played a down in anything other than the preseason. The figure seemed low to me too- I think they're excluding some people for some reason. I'd assume that a lot of people from the 2000-02 teams have retired over the last 3 years or so- I'm sure Miami's figure would have been higher a few years ago.

I think I remember reading an article saying it was close to 70 at one point a few years ago. Don't quote me on that though, brain might be lying to me.

No way there's 6 schools with more NFL players than us. Even when we suck we send guys to the league.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back