Top 5 Quarterbacks In The ACC for 2015

Advertisement
Kaaya leads the ACC in passing efficiency and is behind turnover machine Everett Golson and a glorified running back in Thomas. That list is a joke

Lead in passing efficiency with a returning Heisman winning QB in the mix....
Kaaya leads the ACC in passing efficiency and is behind turnover machine Everett Golson and a glorified running back in Thomas. That list is a joke

Kaaya hasn't gotten any respect nationally. He should of been 1st team ACC last year. At least 2nd team. Williams, Gholson, and Thomas are trash yet they keep gettin pub. Everybody slurpin on Watson. Buddy can't even stay on the field.

Advertisement
Kaaya hasn't gotten any respect nationally. He should of been 1st team ACC last year. At least 2nd team. Williams, Gholson, and Thomas are trash yet they keep gettin pub. Everybody slurpin on Watson. Buddy can't even stay on the field.

When do QBs of a 6-7 team get respect nationally?

Golson led an undefeated team to a national championship game a few years ago.

GT had one of the highest scoring offense in the country once they started clicking. Thomas Is not an elite QB but he is perfect for GT.

Clemson is an ACC Champinship favorite, and Watson was impressive in limited action.

Williams I agree with you. UNC is always one year away from "breaking out" though. So they get hyped.

If you are going to put Thomas on this list at all it's not his "QB skills" because he has none. It's that he's the perfect fit for GT's offense. If he's going to be put on here for what he is to his team he should be number 1. He means more to his team at QB than anyone on this list. But he's not really a true QB.

A list of actual QBs would be 1) Watson (I'm brainwashed from all the hype). 2) Kaaya. 3) Williams. 4) Brissett. 5) Golson.

I should put Chad Voytik over Golson imho

GT had one of the highest scoring offense in the country once they started clicking. Thomas Is not an elite QB but he is perfect for GT.

Clemson is an ACC Champinship favorite, and Watson was impressive in limited action.

Williams I agree with you. UNC is always one year away from "breaking out" though. So they get hyped.

Did Kaaya play defense against Nebraska and GT, or UVA, or the 2nd half against F$U?

Advertisement
Hate the system and it's not conventional, but based on performance and skills required by the system Thomas should be #1 . His play last year, especially in the second half of season, was pretty impressive. Probably the best GT quarterback in running Paul Johnson's system.

Hate the system and it's not conventional, but based on performance and skills required by the system Thomas should be #1 . His play last year, especially in the second half of season, was pretty impressive. Probably the best GT quarterback in running Paul Johnson's system.

But is he a QB really? Kid is an athlete playing QB and to be rated as a top QB IMO you need to have some good passing stats. Kid attempted what, 5 passes against us? That's a running back IMO.

Hate the system and it's not conventional, but based on performance and skills required by the system Thomas should be [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] . His play last year, especially in the second half of season, was pretty impressive. Probably the best GT quarterback in running Paul Johnson's system.

But is he a QB really? Kid is an athlete playing QB and to be rated as a top QB IMO you need to have some good passing stats. Kid attempted what, 5 passes against us? That's a running back IMO.

He taking snaps from a center that's a qb. No matter what kind of offense they're running. He's the captain leading the team in battle calling all shots. He deserve his positional ranking. He got snubbed if you ask me.

Before Golson join ed FSU I had

Thomas
Kayaa
Watson
Brisket
Williams

With him

Thomas
Golson
Kayaa
Watson
Brisett. ..

If Watson played more games he'd be #1 ... I'm not biased it is what it is

Did Kaaya play defense against Nebraska and GT, or UVA, or the 2nd half against F$U?

Fact is 6-7 QBs don't get national hype, not sure why that is confusing, it is the way the world works.

And Kayaa was awful in the 2nd half against FSU. He had 47% completion in that game, with most of those incompletions in the second half. Missed easy throws, Waited too long and had balls batted down, and panicked once FSU changed the game plan and started bringing pressure in the 2nd half. and the Game ended on a stupid interception. Try to be a little unbiased when comparing players to other teams.

he had 1 TD and 2 Ints against a terrible GT defense,but yes he didn't get many snaps.

Kayaa is good, with 1st round potential, but some people are acting like he is Dan Marino. Fact is The offense was awful last year, minus a ridiculous amount of explosive plays from Duke, Walford, and Dorsett.

Let's see if the offense can break into the top 80 in the FBS in in clinical drives, 1st downs, 3rd down conversions, etc. before we crown him. He hasn't shown an ability to consistently lead an offense up and down the field.

It's not fair to blame Kayaa for Coleys inept play calling. but elite QBs move the chains, audible on 3rd down and can keep the other offense off the field. Something this offense was division II caliber at in terms of execution last year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm not a fan of Brisset but I think as of now Kaaya is 4th on that list... I felt Jaaya dis an incredible job last year but he also walked into a situation with better weapons than any qb in the conference including FSU... He had a better oline, the fastest wideout who was a stud, the best tight end and a playmaking running back... In a lot of cases those players made it really easy for him... I don't see him having that type of season so I see him at 4... With Voytik at 5... I can't really watch Brisset and his 3 yard passes...

I agree. He makes all the right reads pre and post snap. He rarely makes a mistake.

GT was putting up more yards and points than Oregon or any other "high scoring" offense in the 2nd half of the season.

I hate watching them, but the Miss State game was fun to watch.

I agree. He makes all the right reads pre and post snap. He rarely makes a mistake.

GT was putting up more yards and points than Oregon or any other "high scoring" offense in the 2nd half of the season.

I hate watching them, but the Miss State game was fun to watch.

Yup, that's not an easy offense to run.
In a TRUE option, most the time, the QB doesn't know what the play's gonna be...it's basically offense playing defense.

Advertisement
Last year: No signature wins, some pretty bad losses, 6-7 as a starter, not a strong command of the offense, he loses Walford, Dorsett, Duke.

It's just a preseason list and he's only a sophomore. I like his potential, but I wasn't amazed last year. It was a very good season for a true freshman quarterback. If we were 10-3 or better with him, he would be #1 on that list.

Would love to see what a REAL coaching staff could do with Kaaya. Glad we have him, but if he has to play his whole collegiate career with Golden and Co., he will regret not going to UCLA or USC. Afraid he's going to be on his back most of this season with that weak OL. Kehoe can omly do so much.

Advertisement
Back