Tommy Tuberville

Beef Stew

Freshman
Wanted to float this name out there to see what yall think.

He's at Cincinnati, so you know he's gonna be affordable.

He has strong Miami ties (DC in 1989, for all the kids out there) who is a DEFENSIVE coach, and a **** good one.

He can coach and recruit MOTHER****ING DT's.

He has proven that he can go 13-0 in the SEC West with lesser talent than his competition, had a winning record against Alabama..... that guy is just sitting there waiting to be plucked up.

His OC is Eddie Gran, who you all know

If he hadn't been fired at Auburn, he would have coached Cam Newton. He could have won 2 national championships there.

Now you might say, "why did Auburn fire him?" Since when does Auburn know what the **** they're doing? They fired him and hired Gene ****-Nuts, who lucked on to Cam Newton.

And Texas Tech? They're so dumb they hired Kirby Hocutt. They're so dumb they fired Mike Leach, then tried to make Tuberville keep his offense.

Advertisement
We could do way worse. He was in the discussions before we hired Golden but obviously didnt get the job. I think he could be **** good at Miami but its hard telling how long it would take for us to realize that

gunner was stil hurt. honestly, tuberville was up and down at auburn but i always liked him. wanted him over golden

Advertisement
No ******* experiments. I want a proven coach. And not someone that is proven in some wack conference like the MAC. I want someone that when I hear that he is the next coach, I will be doing backflips.

Advertisement
He was right 8 years ago.

Right now is go w Butch. After that

Chud/Schiano

If we have to dig, Kirby smart or Scott montgomery

Chud/Schiano

Throw in some Stoops in there for me.

Butch is my #1 regardless of what anyone says. Would send shock waves through all of Dade, Broward and Palm beach county if we hired him.

Chud/Schiano

"If we have to dig, Kirby Smart?"
Are you kidding me? Kirby Smart can choose any school he wants, and be their coach at this point. He is making bank and is only the DC at Bama, AND he's winning championships. He is in no rush to leave, and when he does, expect him to stay SEC, or somewhere that will pay him a lot more than we would.

Advertisement
The irony here is I clicked on this thread expecting it read "got canned. Another corch bites the dust."

So, no, not tuberville

Advertisement
Remember, Donna is still making the decisions. Whoever she hires will be a loser -- regardless of what we think of them. She is good at what she does, and that is destroying Miami football. If Tommy would be good, she will not hire him. If he will suck, he has great shot. She is way better at picking losers than we are winners. That said, I'd take a shot with Tommy, Chud, Greg, or most anybody at this point.

Advertisement
Back