To All of the People Who Said

chicanego

Junior
Premium
"We've successively had 6, 7, and 9-win seasons under Al Golden, we're going to win at least 10 in 2014," this is why you were wrong from the start:

BzJnwaKCMAEKH_g.jpg:large

This shot is at the one yard line, 3rd and Goal for Tech.

I don't think I need to go into explaining what's wrong here. More depressing is that this is nothing new.

Throughout the entire offseason, those who had discussed UM football analytically had to endure the slurpers parading around the board with this superficial logic.

SOS was not taken into account. The fact our defense, by many metrics, has actually regressed over Golden's tenure was not taken into account. Nor was ending the 2013 season going 2-4, yielding an average of 37 points per game to opponents.

It has been clear as day that from a philosophical football standpoint and the way players are utilized, that Golden is and has been in over his head.

It's disturbing that many of the very concerns voiced during his first season still linger in year ******* four.

Not that it really needs to be said, because it's remarkably obvious by now, but it's time to pull the plug.

Advertisement
If we played a real attacking 4-3 scheme. We would play to our potential but these bozos are do
Hard headed and can't see that their crap
Defensive scheme doesn't do squat.

Purge baby. Purge. Get rid of the whole staff that came in from temple.

To boot, this is the same formation we used on 3rd and 3 with 4 minutes to go in the 4th Qtr. Our entire season was essentially on the line and GT needed 3 yards. We trot out that BS formation and GT waltzes for 4-5 yards. Season over.

Advertisement
He can't be a real coach... seriously did we even blitz that ****ty option one time?

Billy Corben ‏@BillyCorben 14h13 hours ago
Miami Hurricanes defense: @PhillipBuchanon can you please help explain this one to us? (via @yanktoncanes)

BzJqcxnIEAAo7V3.jpg:large

You ever get the feeling that after every loss Golden and No'D meet alone and have one of those Good Will Hunting "it's not your fault" exchanges?

Golden coaches like an absolute *****. He prays and hope other teams make mistakes.

I would rather give up a 60 yard TD run/pass then a 10 play 60 yard TD drive. He plays so his defense has to be on the field for long periods of time and then complains about it in the presser after the game. What a ******* fool.

Advertisement
Watching this team play is like watching somebody trying to catch a boulder rolling down Mons Olympus.

Advertisement
This is like Randy's last year all over again with the only saving grace being watching Kaaya develop watching Duke.

Advertisement

It looks different, but technically it's even more of a difference because it isn't only about distance. The reason our LBs are at near Safety depth is because of what we ask of our DL.

Whatever. Nothing new. Least I don't have to re-watch this **** and do breakdowns anymore. Everyone jumping into the obviously unreal problems.

If we played a real attacking 4-3 scheme. We would play to our potential but these bozos are do
Hard headed and can't see that their crap
Defensive scheme doesn't do squat.

Purge baby. Purge. Get rid of the whole staff that came in from temple.

I saw a quote from Albert Einstein saying, 'insanity is doing the same thing over and over again. But expecting a different result.' that statement sums up the Miami defense of the past four seasons.

You realize that Keith Jackson had a 80 yard TD reception that game. Get that chit out of my face!!!

//so sad

It was actually 54 yards. And we held OU's vaunted wishbone (just a tad better than GTs) to 16 total points, 186 yards rushing and won comfortably by 12 points.

So, yeah, will take my chances rolling up my safeties close to the box.

Thanks for that post. That was my point. Doritos and Golden are trying so hard to prevent the big play we can killed 5 to 10 yards at a time. Teams have time consuming scoring TD drives against us is the rule not the exception. I would rather a team score on one play then take 13 plays cause it doesn't wear down the D. Also the more possessions in the game the more likely our talent can take over against ACC competition.

Advertisement
Back