Time to rip off the band aid..............

canesman

Junior
Two simple reasons this must be Golden's last year......

First, Golden is what his record says he is. One of the brightest personalities in the college game but is a below average football coach. I was watching Gene Chizik on the SEC Network last night thinking that is where Golden belongs.

Second, the only guy out there that can bring us back to the Butch glory days at a rwasonable price is Rob Chudzinski.

He received a 10 million dollar buyout late last year and is basically ******** around as a "consultant" with the Colts. You can get him right now for 2.5 mil a year no problem.

He would put together a dynamic staff......

HC/OC/TE Rob Chudzinski
QB/CO-OC Ken Dorsey
RB Tim Harris
WR Kevin Beard (already on staff)
OL Mike Sullivan (currently assistant OL coach for Tennessee Titans)

DC DJ Eliot (currently at Kentucky as DC and has done a very good job. Spent many years at FSU. Was on Miami staff as a graduate assistant when Chud was here)
DL Kevin Patrick (great recruiter...currently at North Texas after leaving USF)
LB Vernon Hargraves (bring him back....currently at the University of Houston)
CB Hurlie Brown (already on staff)
S Mike Rumph (put him on staff for recruiting)

Can you imagine how good this staff could be? Tons of well established football coaches....plenty of great recruiters.

Advertisement
Even if Chud got hired I don't think subsequent hires would shake out like that, but it is fun to think about.

Does anyone know Kevin Patrick's deal? I can't believe he's not at a better program. He had some quality players on DL during his time at USF - Pierre-Paul, Selvie, a DT who's name I can't think of.

Why does everyone put Dorsey as our OC... ugh.

There are plenty of seasoned proven OC's and position coaches as well better than that list.

I want a whole new bloodline coming in.

Start from scratch and get a younger up and comer... Late 30's early 40's FBS HC with a good staff and new S&C coach as well.

Advertisement
Back